Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP!!! Want a career change to Crystal Report Writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmt4331

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US
Anyone know if there is good money in Crystal Report writing...absent programming? I have tons of writing ad hoc Reports using SQL querying against DB2 and ACCESS, and a little VB 5 and 6 experience. Currently, I'm a team lead in mainframe operations and would like to make the switch to being a Crystal Report Writer without getting into programming. If anyone knows anything about the Crystal Report Writing career....gimme a shout!

Thx.

BigFuzzyDog
Columbus, Ohio

Crystal is bad but is useful for basic report writing. You may also want to check out WebFocus, Cognos, and Brio. These products are a little more cutting edge and offer better web development and higher salaries. Some consultants develop WebFocus applications and reports (very little programming required) at $45-$50 per hour.

Eric Searing
eric.searing@wcom.com

Being a Crystal Report writer has worked for me! I'm currently in my second position (3yrs exp) in VA and making over 60K. Of course, as in any technical career, it's always a good idea to continue training and learning new skills so I continue to take classes (VB, Java, etc.)

look before you leap! call a few recruiters to learn about trends.. look into the future. Crystal is fun and easy, but it seems to be fading out unless your also doing VB development with CR. keep a few good eggs in a few more baskets. :-9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back