Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help to stop calls made to phone connected to BCM50 forwarding calls to auto-attendant 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimm0k

IS-IT--Management
Dec 6, 2019
US
We currently have a Nortel T7316e set up with a phone number such that when you call that number, the phone rings once and then automatically forwards you to the auto attendant. The phones here are connected to the Nortel BCM50 and since I have very limited knowledge of this phone system I can't for the life of me figure out how to let the phone ring and go to vmail if there's no answer. can anyone help? the phone itself does not have forwarding turned on as direct calling via the DN number works fine and is able to also dial out. any help would be appreciated!

Call Forward No Answer is under Sets/Capabilities set via telset programming or Sets/Line Access via BEM, change it to the DN of the Callpilot and set the ring count (Delay).

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

@curlycord, thank you for responding! unfortunately when I go into telset programming I already see that Call Forward No Answer is already set to the DN of Callpilot, which is 2334 for us. the ring count is also set to the default of 4. so to rewind and provide a bit more info on the current setup...

the handset is currently assigned DN 3310, such that anyone in the office can reach this handset via dialing 3310 on their own handset. handset 3310 can also reach other handsets via their DN so in regard this part works fine. somehow this DN 3310 is already assigned a phone number ending in 3310 and dialing this phone number actually works fine from inside or outside the office. the issue is that this phone number has an area code that we don't want to use so we want to have a second phone number assigned to it such that when you dial that phone number it also reaches this handset. right now when we dial this second phone number it DOES reach the handset, but after half a ring it immediately goes to the voice attendant. we have lines 201 and 310 assigned to this DN where 201 represents the second phone number and 310 represents the first phone number.

Take a look in the call pilot at Line 201. Make sure it is not set to answer the line. Also look at target line 201 and copy the settings for it from Line 310.

How are the lines set to appear on the DN, Appear and Ring or Ring Only. Be sure you have adequate Intercoms on the DN as well. At least 2.

Marv ccna

@allworxguy, sorry, I'm pretty new to all of this. how can I determine that line 201 is not set to answer the line? line 310 looks identical to 201 except for the fact that in the "Assigned DNs" tab the "Appearances" column show 1 for line 201 and 2 for line 310.

2020-02-06_10_23_27-BCM_Element_Manager_-_192.168.20.50_dddtwn.png

2020-02-06_10_23_43-BCM_Element_Manager_-_192.168.20.50_zrz9zy.png

both lines on the DN are set to "Ring Only". how can I determine if we have adequate intercoms on the DN?

May I suggest calling a tech and getting a little training along with the repair work.

@curlycord here is a screenshot of the Sets section for this particular DN

2020-02-06_13_42_52-BCM_Element_Manager_-_192.168.20.50_pvwbdr.png

@jsaad unfortunately not an option here at the company as we're looking to replace this system once the system dies

What I meant is if you want to program a phone you need to go into sets (like as in that screen shot) and do what ever it is your trying to do.
So if you want to add a line and make it ring or appear only then do it as you see it.

What is cheaper though, having an employee try to figure it out or have a tech dial in and fix your issue in 5 minutes?.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

You need to log into the call pilot application to check if the Auto Attendant is programmed to answer line 201.

I suggest you follow Jsaad advice. You're over your head and wasting company time and money.

Marv ccna

@allworxguy, thank you!! this was exactly what I needed to change to turn off Auto Attendant for everything to work!

I can't for the life of me figure out how to let the phone ring and go to [highlight #FCE94F]vmail[/highlight] if there's no answer"

Not sure how allworguy figured out you actual meant "Auto Attendant" and not a the mailbox but I admit I got totally confused off the bat.

I will give Marv a star for you.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

@curlycord, possibly because in my first post I had said "the phone rings once and then automatically forwards you to the auto attendant.

"the phone rings once and then automatically forwards you to the auto attendant."

That's where the clue is. It two post of "look in the Call Pilot" for the OP to figure it out. Well done!

Marv ccna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back