Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

help..to set up ip trunks between Ip office

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuvami

Programmer
Feb 4, 2008
US
Hi, I have an Ip Office 500 and other Ip office 406, the customers has a link between the buildings then I need to set up the configuration to connect them at the same network...
before the customers has other connection with vlan toward a carrier but the connection changed to a direct connection between the two sites. I already change the Ip address of the Ip ofcie 406 at the same network of the Ip offcie 500, but something I', missing at the routing. The connection is like to have the two equipment at the same switch.

I appreciated any help.

So the sites were already networked now on has hanged to a new network. If this is the case you will need to do the following.

Change the system IP address I think you have done this.
Change the default route under Route tab.
Change the IP address on the other site under the Line Tab at the moment it will still be the old address.

[cheers]

I already do that, the Ip iffice 500 has the ip 172.18.100.1, at the Ip office 400 I set up the Ip 172.18.100.50 under the tab LAN1.
Thers ia a TAB "network topology"and appear something like STUN server Ip addres....the two equipments have the same ip address there...but I don't have idea what is that...

I would try the Ip route TAB...

thank you

Now that they are on the same subnet you wont need the route that you should find in there that was configured for the old network.

[cheers]

But, how you tell to each IP Office to reach each other?

Now is a good time to get an Avaya BP onboard...before you end up breaking it :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back