Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Setting Up Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbeaty

Technical User
Dec 14, 2010
Our system is working good but I want to improve it's operation for our business. Namely, we do not have a receptionist, or one person answering the operator set. So, if an incoming call goes to the operator set and then general delivery voice mail, no one else can pick it up when it rings.

IOW, if a call comes in, and the caller presses zero because they don't know who to ask for, the front phone rings. But I need to allow 3-4 other sets to pick this call up from other desks. As it is now, the call can not being picked up from the other users desks.

I would like to make it like this: A caller presses zero (or another number) and then it rings to 3-4 sets I select. Then if no one picks up, it rings to the general delivery voice mail box...

Any ideas? I can program Element Manager pretty well, but some of the more esoteric parameters throw me.

Dbeaty

Do a direct call pick up feature or group pick up and program that group.

Or program an answer DN on the phones you want to answer for the main phone.

Thanks, I programmed a direct pickup. Is it possible to also program the ext #? With Pickup the employee hits the button then has to enter the ext number to pick up. I like to program one button they hit and it picks up that other phone when it rings. Easier to explain. Phone rings, hit button.

Group pick up. By default all in group 1 change the wanted extensions to another group.

Thank you, so I would set main phone to Ring Group 2, then program each phone with a Group Pickup button set to Group 2? Sounds simple enough, but sometimes I find it's a little bit different than straight forward.

No ringing to group, all sets in a group pick up will automatically pick up a ringing set in that group.

Use Hunt group in elemnet manager or email me your number if u in UK then will call u for stap by stap ,happy to help
qamarqrsh@live.com

Thank I have direct pickup working. I think they will get it after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back