Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Our Avaya DS30 has blinking green (about 30 seconds) to red (about 15 seconds) main LED 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbeyainscal

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2018
US
In center of the unit. Had our vendor in here thought unit was bad - now seems to not be the case as a new unit was tried with same error. Control unit doesn't seem to recognize the expansion unit. Meanwhile, I have an entire building without phones! The vendor seems to think a new power supply is the answer but if you all can shed any insight - I know the lights mean something but cannot Google an answer (meaning I don't have ability to log in to Avaya's site as I am only the end user). Thank you - Linda

Make sure that the power supply was replaced too. Sometimes it will cause weird things with the lights and the extensions.

Yes, power supply to come today - let's hope that is it! Do you happen to know what the pattern means?

Hi Linda,

Could be the PSU, or some Bad wiring. Try unplugging all the cables from the front, removing the power, then connecting the power again. Does the light go solid green this way?

ACSS (SME)

Nor sure if we indeed removed all phone jacks from font but we have indeed removed power, I will try it your way and report back....

I am reporting back - removed all phone jacks powered down, powered up - still same green about 30 seconds, red about 15....wish I knew what the pattern meant although you'd think my Avaya vendor would have said if it meant something. Thanks for the idea!

Is it a V1 or a V2? If the new unit is cycling like that with nothing plugged in it may be at the wrong version. A V2 will auto upgrade but a V1 would need to be upgraded manually through manager.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Hmmn, it's the unit that was previously working JUST FINE until "something" happened - I think v1 here is the s/n: 700426216 I think v1 because I've seen the s/n of V2 and it's like 7005XXXXX so this one must be older. Thank you! So I'd agree with you except it was 100% fine till an act of God took it down....

@joe2938 - the NEW unit was only a temporary measure as same issue occurred with it so we have retained the existing unit. I can't go to "upgrades" because my control unit won't recognize it - any other thoughts? Thank you!

Did you try removing all the cables from the front and rebooting? Does the light still flash green, or turn red again?

ACSS (SME)

Yes @TheSmash, I have - yes, light still flashes green then red......and remember from my original post, we tried a replacement unit same exact light flashing business - we do have a power supply coming but I'm nervous about what's next if that doesn't work....so trying to troubleshoot all scenarios....

Yes, then likely a PSU. Why this wasn't changed originally is a mystery seeing as these are the cause of most of the issues with expansion modules...

ACSS (SME)

The last ditch effort is to clear the firmware of the module through the DTE port. I have had that fix them before. This FAQ roughly outlines the process. It is for the main chassis, but the process is basicly the same. If it just sits there trying then the module is tanked.
Also have you tried a different expansion port? The one you are using could be bad.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

@budbyrd: If you mean did I connect the cable from the DS30 to my control unit in a different port (there are 8) the answer is yes....I did see the DTE process, a little over my head but what's the worst than can happen at this point? I am familiar with putty'ing in to a switch so maybe I can handle...but yes, the power supply comes today - let's cross our fingers and toes!

Use monitor to see what info the expansion gives you, it might be helpfull to find a solution.

connect to <ip address of ip office>:<module slot number>

eg 192.168.42.1:03 where 03 is slot 3(obvious)

My FAQ details on the expansion modules, it is a addition to the FAQ written by czech

@intrigrant - thank you - we do have an Avaya trained tech coming on site shortly but this is GREAT info.....

@joe2938 do you mean another phone system altogether as in maybe a different site to see if a different controller recognizes it? I don't really have any way to do that if that is what you mean. However, I did remove all phones plugged into unit and attempted to power back on and see if controller would recognize as someone advised, it didn't work.

Sorry brain fart, you did power up the ds30 1st then the control unit right?

I usually see this when a network adapter ha been connected to a DS port.
have you Removed all patch leads as previously suggested

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back