Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help Hunt Group/or Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintwolf

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2004
US
We have a Nortel system at work.
(Im not super familar with the system)
We have moved people around the office, and new people(new extensions) have taken there place. The problem I'm having is that we have a main number, that rolls from person to person, when busy.. (meaning if the first person is busy, it goes to a second, and so on, and so on) I need to add people to this, and take some people off of this... Please help

There are several ways this can be done depending on system, version and optional equipment... you need to know how it has been done in order to add to it. If you can't provide anymore detail I suggest you contact a vendor near you.

Marv

What are a few examples, and how would one go about finding them?

The thing is if you don’t know how or why this "rolling/hunting" is happening, then you cannot change it. It could be a hunt group, or the rolling may be taking place before it ever reaches your system via the central office. I agree with Marv that you should find a vendor, or the person who set it up originally. A vendor will be able to quickly determine what is gong on, and change the configuration to your suit your needs.

Hmm, I'm trying to get this done, asap.
Vendor wont be able to make it out till july.
It's not switched at the central office, becuase, it all come in on one line (its running off a t1).
Basically, I think there is two ways it could work. Pickup group, or hunt group... I'm just asking for a step by step if possible, to determine if it either, or, or other possiblities that I might not be thinging of.

clintwolf...
Could be hunt group, could be CFNA/CFB. I cannot stress this enough, T1's are complex. You could really screw things up. I strongly recommend you find a vendor who will let you peer over his/her shoulder if you want to learn.

Marv

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back