Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! Dead air calls , signaling issue? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathersue

Technical User
Feb 10, 2004
US
Hi All,

Help! we jsut added 6 new T1's. They are PRI's and there are 2 D channels. They are set up from MCI as 1 trunk group but in our switch its 2 hunt groups. Hunt group 1 has most of the members. when we try to swing our tragffic over to the new Ts sometimes when we dial numbers we get dead air - its like nothing happens. Other times it works. Weird thng is that when I get dead air, the call does complete. The called party's phone rings and they try to answer it but they hear nothing.

Any ideas??
Thanks!!!!!!!
Heather

Sounds like a bad channel on the T1, I doubt its in your switch. It sounds like one way transmission from the symptoms. Usually that is a network problem

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

On second thought, you should be able to identify the bad channel by doing a trace call & making calls til you hit the problem. Or set up measurements on the group, the bad channel should make itself obvious by short hold times.

Paul Beddows

Consulting, Avaya/EAS implementation, Training
Vancouver, Canada
E-mail use form on website at

Check your interface ID in your signaling groups and make sure that the circuits match to MCI. If they do not, you will get dead air.

Pkaloger

Find out if your trunks are Facility Associated or Non Facility Associated signaling.

If they are NFAS then you will need to assign the correct interface ID in the signal group. The trunks will come up inservice but you will get only dead air when calling out. The interface ID's start at 0,1,2,3,ect.

Have MCI tell you what order they have provisioned the T's.

Your problem is EXACTLY what we ran in to with AT&T PRI's. The ONLY difference in your situation is you have 6 and we have 8. We narrowed the problem to a single T-1. We turned up the rest without a problem. For a month we trouble-shot the Circuit. FINALLY they convinced me it was not an AT&T problem and I moved the circuit to another T-1 board in another slot with another CSU. Bingo! Problem solved. Strangest thing I ever saw...

Good Luck!

Hello all,

Thank you for your posts. Issue would up being the interface ID's. When the business partner programmed the T's he did not put them in the same order as they were coming in from the vendor. But only 2 trunks in the group were out of order. Thats why the issue was intermittent. It would work until calls went out over those two trunks and the rest of the time it was okay. figured I'd share since this issue was so strange to me. You were right :)

Thanks again!!

Heather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back