Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help! CICS Experts or even newbies smarter than me

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonnettm

MIS
Mar 5, 2002
US
Newbie setting up CICS with 3 phone lines and 10 m7310 phones.

Telco hooked up their stuff and I have a cable that goes from the telco block into the CICS. Did default "square" install. First two telephone numbers work fine.
The third number just rings and rings but phones do not. Lines are supposed to be set by telco so that calling first number from 3 locations will all ring (rollover) and users can answer or call out on all 3 lines. Calling the first number from 2 locations works but the third location does not. Calling the 3 number directly just rings for caller but nothing heard on user phones.

I know I need to program one of the keys on the phones so people can punch the button and answer but do I have to do anything else? If so what? Any help would be appreciated as I am going to stay at it until it is done, The office needs the third line usable tomorrow morning.

I have the manuals but am not A TELCO guy.

Please help if you can, thanks.
I will be back on line in a hour when I get to the office from my location now.

By Default, with the Square Template, Lines 001 & 002 are the only lines configured to Appear and Ring on the sets. You would need to go into System Programming>Terminals & Sets>Line Assignment and for each set on the system, configure Line 003 to Appear and Ring.

Hope this helps, are you also having problems calling out of the system, or is it only in getting the sets to ring that you are having problems?

Do not know how to call out on that line without a button to push, boy, I bet that sounds really dumb too. The line does work as I tested it at the dmark and got dial tone. Had to go back and get the manuals, I am on the way there now, thanks for your answer. Two phones can call out at one time as it is now. I will chenck in again when I get there in a hour. Thanks again

Setting Line 003 to Appear & Ring on the sets will:
a) Create a button (appearance) on the set for selecting the line, and
b) allow incoming calls to ring the station.

Good luck,
post if you need any more help.

Ok, I am at the office.
I have gone System Programming>Terminals & Sets>Lines and then Show Line? Is that correct?

No, At Terminals & Sets, SHOW
Show set: (select set to be configured - each one at a time)
Line Access, SHOW
Line Assignment, Show
Show Line: select Line003
Change from Unassigned to Appear&Ring
Proceed to the next station and repeat.

Thanks for being so patient, I really am sounding like an idiot, Now I know how users feel to asking why turning off their computer by pulling the power plug is bad.

I am at the
Proceed to the next station and repeat step.

The console shows

L003:Appr&Ring
SCAN FIND CHANGE

Do I hit the Next to proceed and does that save the setting for this line?

Thanks again

NEXT to proceed, or hit BACK. It's set fine for that setnow.

Thanks a lot. If I call it now it does ring and I can answer.

If I tie up the other 2 numbers then it will not ring in the office, what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your patience.

Did you configure multiple sets to Appear&Ring, or only 1 station? I'm not sure what else may be going on from your description and I'm leaving the office for the day. You may be best to call the Norstar support techs at 800.4Nortel, they are option 1, 338#.
If I get a chance, I may check the forum from home, but I may not be around to help any more today.

Thanks for helping me last night. I really appreciate. There were wiring issues I discoverd at the end also. The telco hooked line 3 in position 3 and not 5 as the cable required.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back