Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Cannot Dial out after IP OFFICE UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwitthoft

Technical User
Aug 22, 2008
US
We are having issues dialing out. We upgraded from 3.2.54 to 3.1.99 then to 4.2.X. Inbound calls work fine. We are getting a cmars_outofservice_all. I have had a couple ipo gurus look at this and one says the service provider is having issues translating the numbers. I got a call into the service provider but not sure if that will fix it. All ARS and short codes should be correct.

Any ideas..

it still uses the ARS, try in the ARS to make the N;N;dial line group ID 5 shortcode

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Just applied it Joe.
Back to the outofservice again.
60143062mS CMARS: FORM: test - Received Number: 6463353
60143063mS CMARS: FOUND A SHORT CODE - short_code: N; - Tel: N; - Called_Party: 6463353 - Line Group Id: 5
60143063mS CMARS: CMARSHandler::FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=5
60143063mS CMLRQ: CMLRQHandler::FindActiveLRQByGroupID GroupID=5
60143064mS CMTARGET: Problem with Line Id: 10, Unlicenced -1, NewCallResourceCheck( ) -1
60143068mS CMARS: FOUND LINE - Line Id: 5 - using line group id: 5 - Called Number: 6463353 - Calling Number: 321
60143068mS CMARS: SEND Setup TO LINE
60143069mS PRN: Setting configured voice gain for ch 1.
60143077mS ISDNL3Evt: v=5 stacknum=5 State, new=Initiated, old=NullState id=1679
60143127mS ISDNL3Evt: v=5 stacknum=5 State, new=NullState, old=Initiated id=1679
60143129mS CMARS: LINE ep Received: CMReleaseComp - child->state = CMCSOffering - ARS Call State = CMCSOverlapRecv
60143131mS CMARS: Target: Short_Code: N; - Line_Group_ID: 5 has been set to: CMARS_OUTOFSERVICE_ALL

Its little s on the short codes for caller ID going out. You dont know if by chance int he upgrade the system changed to ALAW instead of ULAW. i had one th other day do the same thing.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

you want the $50 too Kevin?

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Nope it is ULAW. Thanks though. What is this CMARS_OUTOF_SERVICEALL. I am not even trying to use ARS at this point.

Can you email the config to kwing at carouselindustries dot com.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

line ID10???
do you have a SIP line in the setup?
something in there said line ID 10 check if you have one with that outgoing line ID

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I just replied with some things to try. Your 9N in the short codes has a ; on it. remove it. also in your test ARS the N; has N; in the phone number field. remove that too.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

I had a thought, you said you tried with the analog lines and that worked, maybe you have to adjust the settings for your PRI line
what is in the settings for the PRI line

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

just a thought do you use it as a CSU try without the CSU operation, wild guess I know

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

Joe,
I just looked at this and everythig is right on it. THere is something between the IPO and carrier that is not right. I can get the call up on the PRI and get it out but they reject it right away. He is going to try downgrading to 4.1.15 to see if it makes a difference. we tried putting the call right to the PRI without using the ARS and got the same thing. I can see it go to the channel and try to go out.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

let me know, maybe there is a bug in 4.2 (would be a wonder if not)

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I have seen the same problems when i upgraded to 4.x

Rewrite the config
Sometimes it gets corrupt

I have also seen the cmARS out of service and strangely when i deleted all incoming routes and imported them back it worked again

It did work before the upgrade

When it goes wrong on the isdn you need to see a cause= code

Is there a code ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

What Line group is the IP line in?

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Also what line group is the PRI in?

Don't forget that the line group is not the same as the line number

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

The PRI is outgoing group 5. We tried putting a short code in that would put the call right onto the line and it would send it on the cahnnel and get a reject from the provider. the provider said they were seeing invalid info in the call. I agree a rewrite would be best but it was a good sized system,. He was going to try going back to 4.1.15 to see if that gets it working.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Well rolled back to version 4.1.15 and that still didnt work. After some debate, I just rolled back to 3.2.54 and now works again. Talked to our re-seller again and still says it is a license issue. I agree a total re-write might be needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back