Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Cannot Dial out after IP OFFICE UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwitthoft

Technical User
Aug 22, 2008
US
We are having issues dialing out. We upgraded from 3.2.54 to 3.1.99 then to 4.2.X. Inbound calls work fine. We are getting a cmars_outofservice_all. I have had a couple ipo gurus look at this and one says the service provider is having issues translating the numbers. I got a call into the service provider but not sure if that will fix it. All ARS and short codes should be correct.

Any ideas..

Its definatly not a license issue. the only way it would be is if you had a 500. I would blow it away. then srat over and downgrade to 3.0.99 and then 3.1.99 then dig modules 3.2.999 and then up to 4.2. They would not make something that works in 3.2 become a license just to upgrade. I do these all the time and have not had any licensing issues.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Here is what i got from the provider
We are receiving an invalid NUMBERING PLAN ID
in the CALLED PARTY NUMBER information element.

She is talking about the CALLING PARTY NUMBER (715-646-2191) which is
not causing the problem.

Is that number exactly like it is : 715-646-2191
Then i mean with the - between ?
Remove that if it is !!!

I would rebuilt the config after another upgrade
Like i said i have seen a corrupted incoming call route wich caused the ARS fault

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

I had the same issue upgrading from 4.1.9 to 4.2.4 on an IP500. I spoke with our supplier and he had us change the PRI Switch Type from NI2 to 5ESS. This resolved the issue. He said they have had many calls about this issue and expects Avaya to release a tech bulliten shortly.

Back on this project again..Have tried a couple special builds from Avaya also.. They are also scratching their heads..

Will I have to have the phone company change to 5ESS then also??
Here is the trace from the phone company.
BAD CALL

INFORMATION_ELEMENT:

QIE_INFO_ELEMENT: QIE_CALLED_PARTY_NUMBER

SINGLE_OCTET: FALSE

QIE_LENGTH: 11

CALLED_NUMB_PLAN:

CALLED_NPID: SPARE_32

CALLED_EXT_OCTET3: TRUE

CALLED_NUMB_DIGIT:

CALLED_DIGIT: 7155531344

GOOD Call

INFORMATION_ELEMENT:

QIE_INFO_ELEMENT: QIE_CALLED_PARTY_NUMBER

SINGLE_OCTET: FALSE

QIE_LENGTH: 12

CALLED_NUMB_PLAN:

CALLED_NPID: UNKNOWN_NUMBER_UNKNOWN_NUMBERING_PLAN

CALLED_EXT_OCTET3: TRUE

CALLED_NUMB_DIGIT:

CALLED_DIGIT: 17156420220

What were the line ids and line group numbers an short codes before upgrading?

what is set in the telephone number field in the line form?

Tech bulletin 212 covers this issue. We have had many problems with this because most of our customers are set to NI2. I don't know if Avaya's fix works because we have asked the carriers to change to 5ESS which works fine.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back