Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HELP Cannot Dial out after IP OFFICE UPGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigwitthoft

Technical User
Aug 22, 2008
US
We are having issues dialing out. We upgraded from 3.2.54 to 3.1.99 then to 4.2.X. Inbound calls work fine. We are getting a cmars_outofservice_all. I have had a couple ipo gurus look at this and one says the service provider is having issues translating the numbers. I got a call into the service provider but not sure if that will fix it. All ARS and short codes should be correct.

Any ideas..

The cmARS is out of service
So it is a problem in ARS !

What are those shortcodes ?

ACA - Implement IP Office
ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Voice Services Management

MMMM IP Guru,s you say...

Hope they are not expensive.

Greets Peter

That is my thougth too :)

When it worked before the upgrade then it is not a provider problem !

Nope is ARS fore sure.

Say hi to Cor tlpeter

Greets Peter

I will when he is back from holiday, the lucky guy :)

Ok so we had to resellars look at this issue. One said it was we needed the small community network license(Not sure aout that) and the other said it was a service provider issue.
Code 9N
Feature Dial
Tele Number N
Line Group ID 50:9

Service provider said they are seeing the numbers just sending invalid info???

Yes it was a cmars_outofservice_all

I really appreciate all the help on this. I really do not want to revert back to the old version and go through all this again.

Change the line ip to theline id your trunks have
Mostly they are 0
Can you post a trace ?

And sometimes the ARS get's buggy when there is an upgrade from 3.x to 4.x
Making a new one and pointing to that one instead of 50:main
(or 50:[9])will helpt too
But i would try not using ARS at all

A small community networking license is only needed for connecting to an other site and then it must be an ip500 where the license is needed !!!

And what for shortcode is in your ARS...

· Short Codes
Short codes within the ARS form are matched against the "Telephone Number" output by the short code that routed the call to ARS. The IP Office then looks for another match using the short codes with the ARS form.

Greets Peter

First time for me and ars i look with the monitor what happens, then you can see what digits is send over the trunk.

Greets Peter

I actually tried taking ARS out of the equation and the phone said number busy???? I will be going into the office later and will get some better details. I might as well give up on the reseller because it seems like I am getting better info on here.

Thanks,

Any way you can post the config somewhere we can download it and take a look at your programming?

try a shortcode
N
N
dial (or dial3k1)
line group ID of your line

then try dialing out (without the 9) any number will get sent over the line group IOD without ARS involved and without the 9
with the 9 you just add the 9 in front of the N in the shortcode but not in the number field.
but dbelmar is right the easiest is to post the config and we can look at it directly goes way faster

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Joe I tried your shortcode and just got number busy right from the first digit i pressed.

wow, what is your locale (I assume North America seeing that you are still online) do you have analog lines or PRI.
Also what kind of control unit do you have and why would you use the 3.1.99 if you have an SOE then you need 3.2.999 all other units don't need any interim release to go to 4.2 from 3.2

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

I will paypal 50 to the first person that can fix this..Driving me nuts..

It is a PRI. I setup an analog line out and that works fine. I have a 406. In the 3.2.99 there was not the 406 loader. North America is correct

Another log excerpt. I tried to bypass ARS with this
SHort code
Code 9N;
feature dial
TeleNumber NSi7156563321
Line Group ID 5

Monitor
57289330mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: TimerExpired cause=CMTCDelayedProcessing
57289331mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: LOOKUP CALL ROUTE: type=100 called_party=96562888 sub= calling=321 dir=out complete=1 ses=0
57289331mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: ADD TARGET (N): number=96462888 type=100 depth=1 nobar=1 setorig=1 ses=0
57289332mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: SYS SC: 96462888 3 6462888 sc=type=Dial code=9N;, num=NSi7156562191 callinfop->sending_complete=1 secondary_dialtone=
57289333mS CMARS: CMARSHandler::FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=5
57289333mS CMLRQ: CMLRQHandler::FindActiveLRQByGroupID GroupID=5
57289334mS CMTARGET: Problem with Line Id: 10, Unlicenced -1, NewCallResourceCheck( ) -1
57289338mS CMTARGET: DIAL LINE: 163 GROUP = 5 SUCCESS = fe6b40b8
57289338mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: INITIAL TARGETING SUCCEEDED
57289339mS CMTARGET: 264.1592.0 163 MattK.0: GetNoAnswerTimer:15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back