Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hello, I have a 1232 and TVS50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkfoley

Vendor
Dec 16, 2002
US
Hello,

I have a 1232 and TVS50. I recently added the TVS50 and all seems fine. I am getting one complaint. During the day when the system is not in AA mode individual extension are sent to the voice mail using the FWD/DND buttons. Folks are complaining about having that FWD/DND buttons light all the time. The are also playing with it and never getting the right setting (ie. Busy/NA forwarding). Often they pay no attention and set it to DND. (I think this is because the light is solid in this mode instead of blinking like in the Busy/NA mode.

Anyone have an thoughts? Is there a better way of getting extensions to their VM when NA/Busy/Afterhours?

Thanks

Solution 1: You can swap the DND solid led and the FWD blinking led in programming under additional function (on newer versions?).

Solution 2: Newer systems (-5 and above?) have a preset call forwarding setting under station setting # 1.

Solution 3: Most of my customers prefer the VTR button which elimiates the use of the FWD function. They like it because of the more personal service they offer the caller(i.e. caller doesn't have to wait for phone to ring).

NOTE: step 1 & 2 require you to reset the KSU

Hello and thanks for the reply.

> Solution 1: You can swap the DND solid led and the FWD
> blinking led in programming under additional function (on > newer versions?).

> Solution 2: Newer systems (-5 and above?) have a preset
> call forwarding setting under station setting # 1.

I am running -2 ... do not recall either of these but will double check ...

> Solution 3: Most of my customers prefer the VTR button
> which elimiates the use of the FWD function. They like it > because of the more personal service they offer the caller
> (i.e. caller doesn't have to wait for phone to ring).

VTR ???

Rick

I can't believe you have never programmed a VTR button. It stands for Voicemail Transfer. Make sure to set the extension as the VM pilot number (usually 165). Instruct the customer to use this instead of the transfer key. i.e. "He is not here. Would you like his voicemail?"

Hello,

Yes ... I have programmed VMT many times ... I see from allot of tech articles that they refer to this as VMT and VTR ... sorry for the confussion ...

We are using a VMT button. And all works well as this is a small office ...

Problem we run into is during day operation if someone get the voice mail, ie the person that answers the phone is in the restroom ... the person chooses a party lets say extension 102 ... if that person is not there something has to tell the phone to go to voice mail ... currently we use the FWD NA/Busy button for this ... it blinks all the time and annoys the -owner- ... so I was looking for a better solution ...

Your on -2 and have make it a solid lite instead of blinking through the additional options programming? I am game to try that. Will try it tomorrow. A solid lite should make them happy. When you make this change I assume the DND then flashes?

Thanks Much!!!! Rick

YES IN IN 990 9 CHANGE THE SYSTEM BITS 4,3 TO 0,1.
THE FORWARD LIGHT WILL BE SOLID RED TO VOICEMAIL 165 AND WILL FLASH TO ALERT THE OWNER THAT HIS PHONE IS IN DO NOT DISTURB, THIS MAKES SENSE, THE FLASHING PISSES PEOLPE OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back