Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hearning annonce when user is active or busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYSUSER2015

Technical User
Aug 30, 2014
TN
Hi all

I have Avaya CM6.0

I have users with multiple call appearance

I want to hear announcement when the called user is active ( in call). when the user become available, the call will be routed to the caller.

example: 1001 call 1002
when 1002 is active, 1000 will hear announcement ( music)
when 1002 become availbale, it will receive the call

Thank you for your answers

You can put a coverage path on the station that has the announcement as the coverage point. Set the criteria for coverage and you are set. There are Youtube videos that go into detail if you need more. Just search for Avaya coverage path. It should be at the top. Good luck.

yes I have used coverage path , but when finish the announcement the call is dropped.

I want the caller 1001 still in queue hearing the announcement until 1002 becomes available.

Change the station extension to a hunt group and you can queue the call with music. The station will need a new number.

I have more than 600 stations

I will create 600 hungroup!!!
Is there any other solution

For 600 users?! If you want the call to go to the station as soon as they are available with music, you are talking about a queue. The only queues I know of are in hunts and vectors. Both would require renumbering all stations. Somebody else may know a better way.

HI,

I think the solution is to create a Split and assign a VDN and route the calls through to Vector.

Firstly you need to create 600 agents and they need to login to their extension and you have different options in how to distribute the calls in the split. and you can record announcement/ music for the caller to hear, until they get through to an agent.

For more information on this, look for ACD in Avaya documentation, it's explained in great detail.

Thanks

Sureshganti
The 600 stations are simple users and not agents with ACD capability.
I need just when I call a busy station I hear music on hold until the station becomes available.

Look up "Direct Agent Calling" ... that will probably do what you need. Let me know if you need any help.

edit: pretty sure the users will still need to be agents, however. This will just save you from needing to build extra VDNs/hunt groups.

With Direct Agent Calling I think you will need an agent license for each station. Last I heard they were >$700 each.

I think it can be done without need of ACD license.
I don't know if there is a system​ parameters that enable queing when station is active

It kind of sounds like ACD to be honest. You want calls to be automatically sent to someone once they're available. To imply you'd rather queue than leave a voicemail or speak to someone else in the department means you'd expect every call to be worth queuing for, and to a single person. That's basically call center type features. How many calls are you willing to queue to each person?

What kind of voicemail do you have? If it's on a per user basis, voicemail is where a user would generally manage the ways they can be reached.

Is it possible when I call user, I hear music is instead of ring bak. When the called station is active

No, the switch doesn't support color ringback tones/music-as-ringback.

Hi Sysuser,

Avaya system does not support caller ringback tones unlike mobile network.

sorry for the delayed response.

Thanks
Ganti

how I can know that the called station are active? is there any way?
if station has multi-appearance and active ( in call), there is nothing tell me that the called station is active.

is it possible to hear a music or annonce when station is in active call/

thank you

voicemail can. it can have unavailable vs busy greetings and messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back