Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Have to build a "mini call center" for temp, help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orie

Technical User
Jun 20, 2001
US
Let me just say off the top, i'm new to Merlin systems. I have a lot of experience with Definity systems however. So, can anyone tell me what i need to do/have access to in order to set up the following:

I have 4 incoming lines to the Merlin, in a busy call forward via the phone co. The Merlin has a Merlin Messaging add-on module. Due to a move at our main office, I need to have our call center temporarily redirected at this system, and have about 3-4 people taking calls (they already have phones at their desk). Basically we want this:

People call in to the switch, and are prompted with a support style message, “Thank you for calling.. please press 1 (or something) for support, or press 2 if you know your parties extension. (Is it possible for me to separate the message from the main office message by incoming number dialed? Such as a VDN?)

Pressing 1 would lead into a call center style queue, where you would sit on hold until someone picked up, as well as be offered the option of leaving a voicemail. 2 is obvious. I would also want this to go into voicemail during the night (as it will take over support for 2 days). And of course, a way to see that voicemail is in the box.

Any help would be great. Currently, the only thing I have access to is the “WinSPM”, and I get the idea I would need some access to the voicemail unit separately. What are my options here, TCP and via a desk phone?

Thanks all!

-Elliott

In the "MERLIN", assign these "3-4 people taking calls" to a CALLING GROUP. Voice Mail is already in one of these groups, you can use 771 or something.

In Voice mail, set your AUTO ATTENDANT to use Prompt (SOMETHING) to DIRECT EXTENSION TRANSFER to 771.

That will take care of that.

Of course, there's a great deal more than this simple explanation, but in a nut shell, that should do it.

Great, I think that gives me the info I needed. The only thing I can't figure out now is how to get into the voicemail admin remotely. I hear I can transfer in via *7, then 0 for admin box and password then touch-tone thrugh menus or use hyperterminal to rs232 (via a VNCd computer). Would the terminal be a smarter way to do it for someone trying to figure out the menuing system?

Thanks for the help.

-Elliott

Oh BTW, this is a Magix, sorry.

That part pretty much works the same in both...

BTW Group Calling is a VERY POWERFUL and WELL ENGINEERED part of the Merlin Legend & Magix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back