Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone played with the One-X Quick Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
Has anyone got any experience with the quick edition, especialy in the UK??

I have looked through the training and an Avaya engineer I was working with highly recommended it.

I know you can have the gateway for Alog lines but can it be connected straight out on the WAN for SIP???

Also, if a customer out grows the One-X can the 4610/4621 have the firmware replaced and used on the IP Office???

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Yes, there is a 4 port gateway that plugs into the network. Has 4 co ports and a power fail. This week Avaya just released the 2.0, which is SIP compatible.

And, finally, yes, if the customer outgrows the One-X, they phones can be upgraded to an IPO.

anyone know when we can get it in the UK??

Jamie Green

Apparently MTV are going to be selling the Quick Edition from next month in the UK (the One-X part of the name has been dropped). It looks quite good!

I have spoken to MTV a couple of weeks ago and they weren't sure.

It does look good to replace the Panasonic in the small office sales.

Jamie Green

Yeah, couldnt agree with you more, it just concerns me that us accredited installers are going to lose out on sales when customers start buying the kit from the likes of PC World and such emporiums! Oh well, I guess they'll all come back when they can't the kit working with their firewalls etc.....!

Lets hope Avaya don't take the public route to market.

It would be a mistake in my eyes to let people walk into PC World or Comet and walk out with a system like this.

Might as well pack up my Krone tool and Laptop now, they obviously don't need us anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jamie Green

Well, servicing equipment you did not sell, or has direct sales routes through retailers would certainly be twice the normal service rate.
Also, warranty service work would have to go through the retailer, or you can just charge them for doing it by the hour, and take it back to the store on their dime by the hour.
Since you did not sell it, or install it, everything including phone calls would be billable.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Not sure of other's experiences in installing One-X, but our was terrible. It resulted in our pulling the One-X out and installing a 406 instead (at a big loss).

We had a problem with the auto. attendant. It couldn't be turned off. Avaya finally admitted to a problem, and from my understanding that has been fixed. Not sure of other issues with the product, but I am curious if anyone has successfully deployed the One-X.

Sounds like using the Avaya Parnters as Beta testers again with a General Release.

:)

It looks like a cool product, but I'm waiting for some of the bugs to shake out and QoS support.

---Jeremy

I was told by Avaya Pre-Sales yesterday that One-X phones will not work with IPO.

He also said the SIP was supported but only through AGN.

Sounds like there's some misinformation out there.

I thought the One-X phones could have the firmware replaced to work with the IPO.

That was one of the good things about it, it created an upgrade path!!

Jamie Green

the 46xx series are used so you can upgrade
the 9600 series don't wirk (yet ?)

We have one-x in the shop for evaluation. We did the firmware revision with version 2. The Park/Retrieve feature that was added in version 2 has so far failed to work. Anyone seen this issue?

DJTelco

We have had only one issue, but its a serious one. Terrible noise/hum on the lines when calling out of the office. Internal calls are fine. We have done all that Avaya has suggested including replacing the power supply with a grounded one, using the gateway tuner to turn the comfort noise all the way down. Phone lines are fine, no hum when you plug your choice of analog phone into them. Avaya is out of solutions, frustrating to say the least.

Has anyone tried this in a multi-site enviroment?

BTW 4621 is not supported on IPO

4621 is supported with 3.1 and 3.2.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back