Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Has anyone played with the One-X Quick Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie77

Programmer
Oct 15, 2004
GB
Has anyone got any experience with the quick edition, especialy in the UK??

I have looked through the training and an Avaya engineer I was working with highly recommended it.

I know you can have the gateway for Alog lines but can it be connected straight out on the WAN for SIP???

Also, if a customer out grows the One-X can the 4610/4621 have the firmware replaced and used on the IP Office???

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

MrChris,

Have you replaced the gateway? Might be defective.

Kris G.

FYI: a new version of the One-X Quick edition is on the near horizon (reportedly by the end of the 2006).
Primary features:
--Updated firmware
--support for PRI/T1 trunks

That's what we are waiting for, almost no customer here uses analog trunks.

Any support for BRI?

Any news on a UK release date??

Jamie Green

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

There will be a launch of the one-x quick edition some ware in may in several country’s in Europe. I think it is the same release for the UK, V3.1 and there will be a BRI gateway.
Now you mention I’m looking for info for configuring the A10 ATA. Any info?

Paul

Does anyone have the lit on doing an upgrade of the phones so you can use them with the 406?

i don't think so
you can't reverse the upgrade
the phone's come with the one-x software on it
it can't be downloaded

To get from Quick Edition phones to 406/412/SOE phones - it's just a case of loading the firmware like you would if you just bought the IP phones for the IP Office.

You can not reverse the process once it's done as Avaya have blocked you from doing this, due to the IP Office versions being cheaper (it made the Sales Director of Avaya laugh when I asked him though).

Avaya can reset the phones back to QE phones - but the details are still sketchy.

BRI is 'coming' around the end of May (Avaya time - not mine :D).

HTH

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

I installed a ONe-x with 6 phones in a lawyers office. Initially had noise on the lines calling out. Grounded the gateways and fixed that.

This was an install right after the R2 came out. INstalled 2 vpns and 2 remote workers. Worked flawlessly.

Only problem site has ... call comes in, gets parked. Sometimes, users can not see the parked call, or they can not pick it up. Was told that upgrading to R3 would fix this.

Call pickup is also 'coming' in v3.?

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back