Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Half of the audio drops out randomly on long calls (system wide) - Solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericscampbell

IS-IT--Management
Jul 6, 2004
US
System: Option 11c running 25.40, 2008/2616/2317 type phones, no VoIP.

Problem: random/occasional calls will drop half of the audio after a while. IE I'm on a call with a client and after 15 minutes he suddenly can't hear me but I can hear him. Putting him on hold briefly and pulling him back fixes the immediate problem for this call and he can hear me again. Calls can be inbound or outbound, the problem is system wide.

LD 60 LCNT and LD 96 STAT DCH, LD 96 PLOG DCH all show nothing amiss. LD 96 ENL MSGI & MSGO shows nothing either -- the D channel doesn't notice anything is wrong. That fact & the 'put him on hold & pull him back' fix says it's not the circuit (and of course AT&T says their circuit is fine). Powering down the system & reseating everything did not fix the problem. We ran through a lot of other troubleshooting to no avail.

?Fix?: there isn't much left to our system other than the SSC & PRI (NTRB21AC). We make a guess & swap out a new PRI card and it fixes the problem. Is it really the PRI card that was bad or was it reloading/reseating/rebooting that fixed it? I'm not sure. Take a look at discussion 1610900 and you'll see someone with a similar problem who swapped out a PER SIG card to fix it.

Put the old card back and you will know for sure. In my opinion.

Quite right of course but at this point I think I'll stick with firebirdscrambler's signature advice (if it's working, don't touch it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back