Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

H.323 Trunk Calls Dropped After Holding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonOps

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
I am seeing my H.323 Trunk calls being dropped after about 1-2 minutes when picked up from being put on hold on an 4621sw handset. This also happens on a 5410 Handset so it must be something with the protocol. The Monitor trace that happens when it drops is:

Monitor said:
62188823mS PRN: H245RTDSE --- Round trip delay timeout expiry, clearing call
62188824mS H323Tx: 7 dst=yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy:56374
H323 Pcol=08(Q931) Reflen=2 ref=5AF5(Local)
Message Type = ReleaseComplete
[blue]note: dst and source addresses have been removed and replaced with yyy.yyy.yyy.yyy and xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for security.[/blue]

Has anyone else encountered this problem and what did you do to fix it?

I have tried a number of settings and what not for both extensions and H.323 trunks and no luck yet.

[red]I am including a file with the Monitor trace of the event as well, if anyone needs it I have a snapshot of the system status as well.[/red]

when you say h323 trunk do you mean a sip line or an ip line to another ip office?

It is a VOIP h.323 trunk to outside POTs lines and incoming calls. Not to another Ip Office.

Is the other device attached to the H323 line trying to register to the IPO's gatekeeper ?

Only extensions should register

I do have the gatekeeper enabled on lan2 where the connection comes in from the H.323 provider. The connection is made fine and the call will stay up with good voice both directions for as long as we are connected, until it is put on hold. After being on hold the call disconnects after about 1-2 minutes.

This did work fine under 3.2 but started having problems with 4.0 and 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back