Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Guest services on hospitality Cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonker1974

Technical User
Oct 11, 2011
BS
Hi Guys Ii have a issue,
Guest service don't work on hospitality cluster, is there a work around?

Must you have the hospitality options enabled on each node in the cluster or is it centrally controlled? I've never had the opportunity to set up a cluster.

It is centrally controlled, Hospitality option is enable on 1 node.

Assuming 3300 MiVoice on recent S/W

Don't you have to set one controller as the hospitality gateway in the hotel options form or have you already done this ?

Did you get this fixed? What console are you trying this from?.
There is an option in the MiVBC that has to be enabled for the guest services function to work. If i recall it was a little hidden.

Craig

@ Caknfd,
No I did not get it to worked. I'm using 5540 console, apparently Mitel don't support Guest Services feature in hospitality Cluster. In order for me to get this feature I will have to switched to MiVoice Business console.

@Floppy1- Yes one of the controller is set as hospitality gateway.

The other option is to simply remove the hospitality Gateway from the primary controller and set the PMS direct to the IP address of both controllers separately

We have done this successfully but the PMS provider will need the individual IP addresses of each controller and the guest room extension numbers on each.

We did this on a two controller that were clustered but we did this before setting the primary controller as a hospitality Gateway so not sure what the consequences are and we were not using a 5540 console for guest services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back