Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group record voice mail greeting button 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

comfortinntechci.com

Systems Engineer
Mar 24, 2024
US
Using 9.1 EMBEDDED

I am trying to set up a single button for the receptionist that will allow her to record the greeting for the reception group without having to enter a mailbox number and password. Right now she has to dial *17 then enter the group number 7000 then the password.

Her personal mailbox does snot require her to use a password and she can just press the message envelope and then greeting.

I looked for instructions for either INTUITY oar IP OFFICE voice mail mode but only cam up with setting up a button using:

DIAL then *17 P 7000 P XXXX

Is there a recommended method for this. I do have H7000 added to her Source but that did ot work.

Thanks

you want to set up a shortcode of:

Set up short code.
Code:*100 (or whatever code is free)
Feature:Voicemail collect
Telephone Number:"?huntgroupname" or “?7000”

the rest can be default.

Then set up a button to dial that shortcode.
User, Button programming ,dial,*100

User ,source number,Hxxxx ( xxxx is your huntgroup number )
H7000
if they have the H7000 source number it will dial the code and skip the pin, and give you access to the extra mailbox features you want.

Hi snowman50,
I followed your instructions and it asked for a password. I entered password and got in.

Am I missing something?

The receptionist needs to be a member of the hunt group.

Try changing user button to
Voicemail collect / ?7000
This should take you to the mailbox directly..

I might have made a mistake in asking to use dial. But I thought that would work because it’s dialling the shortcode.

Try the same method and scroll down to the huntgroup mailbox and select it.

You definitely have the H7000 in the reception source code.
U reception number….personal mailbox
H huntgroup number…huntgroup mailbox

In my experience the source number entry on the user needing unauthenticated access needs to be H followed by the hunt group name with exact capitalization and spacing, not the hunt group number. So if your huntgroup was for example called IncomingCalls you would need a source number on the user of HIncomingCalls for it to work. With that in place, the user should no longer be prompted for a passcode.

Yes, H7000 is in the Source and both above suggestions did not work.

There is no scroll down selection option for the hung group it is just blank.

HGSource_ne5ch5.jpg

Here's an example of a working phone, where the hunt groups are called In8687317, In4662041 and In7352705.

You have to type the H<huntgroupname> manually in the text entry field and hit OK, there is no drop down selection for these entries.

phonebits yes I just changed the USERS Source from H7000 to the hunt group name "Reception Desk" like below:

HReception Desk

How should I now program a button?

Thank you

I have the SC for the button set as as

Voice Mail Collect
"?"7000

and it is still asking for the password

I just tried several options to get into the group mailbox (password set to 1234)

"?"7000
"?"7000D1234
"?"7000Y1234
"?"7000,,1234
"?"7000D,1234
"?"7000Y,1234
"?"7000*1234
"?"7000*,1234
"?"7000,,,D1234
"?"7000,,,D*1234
"?"7000,,,D1234#

and then some more alternate attempts with Y instead of D and commas before and after the D and Y

none work so I guess you will have to enter the password

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back