Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group paging over 2 sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

penrose27

Technical User
Apr 26, 2007
I am connecting two sites with ncp 500 systems. Customer wants to know if he can group page 2nd site from a phone on 1st site. Is this possible?

Call your inside sales rep they can get an answer!
My gut felling ia that you can.

Thanks,
I tried that they said you can not do it.their reply was very quick so i do not know if they even tried it.I was hoping somebody on forum might have tried it.My customer is also trying to release a door opener om 2nd site from 1st site, but no joy with that either.

Thanks again, just found out that you can not access any feature code on 2nd system.

ok then use viking paging at site number 2 on trunk side of system...

What is viking paging? never heard of it

I fully agree with cwc3, with some bits and pieces from Viking you could easily do it. However, I find it difficult to believe the NCP IP system which fully supports lots of IP connectivity cannot do that natively. There's got to be a work around inside the native hardware and software.

Pat MacKinnon
Omni Telecommunications Inc.,
London, Ontario, Canada

you msy be able to ring a paging group for the fact that
you can put the number in an ICD but fdn on b cabinet???

Hook up a phone like an NT265 and turn headset mode on and plug a 2.5mm adaptor into the headseat port and then plug the other end into an Amplifier for paging. Turn on Auto-Answer and then just call that extension for paging.

are you sure you can't page via disa on site "b"?

That is a bit of a disapointment that the NCP can't do site to site paging.

I have tried it on disa with no luck, i can ring any extn or group number but when i try a feature it will not work even through a quickdial.My temporary solution is that i have put an IP extn from site B in reception of site A.This allows reception in site A to page phones in site B and also answer and release gate in site B. Thanks for your help so far.

penrose I spoke to a software engineer when he was in my office and he knowns of a vendor that has a solution. It does involve a 3rd party device but works like a charm. But out of the box programming the NCP can not do it. Which was one of the questions I asked him.

Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP Certified Tech
CTP certified

How do i get my hands on this 3rd party device?

viking electronics ,bogen, wheelock all make stand alone paging adapters that you are rering to
that are made to hang off a centrex line that would work....
hang it off a one trunk trunk group on system b and if you were not using the second page port on system b you could connect the output of the adapter to it....so no big woop
about installing extra paging system

also ck out

cwc3 is right. I suggest using a trunk

Panasonic TDA/TDE/NCP Certified Tech
CTP certified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back