Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Group fwd via a button? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAdams2009

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2009
US
IP office v9.1

My phone vendor set up a hard coded button on a dept VP's phone with a hard coded # to fwd his group to when the button was pressed. ( Label: Send All Calls, Action: Set Hunt Group out of Service, Action Data: The hunt group #). The out of service condition is under the group, tab Fallback and the # is hard coded in the Out of Servce Destination field (91XXXXXXXXXX). The VP now wants to push a button and enter in the # he wants the hunt group fwded to. I need somewhere to start looking. Any ideas?

What if I have a internal ext at a desk, put a fwd button on it. On the hunt group I fwd to a internal ext (the one with the fwd button)when the button on the VP's phone is pressed. They fwd the ext to whatever # they want then activate the button on the VP's phone??

You should be able to create a button with the action Set Out of Service Destination and action data of the hunt group he wants to change. This is under Advanced/Set when changing the button.

ACSS,AIPS

He would be able to specify a number after the button press? Ill check it out. Thanks

Would they use the button to set out of service destination on the group (push it and type in the number 91XXXXXXXXXX, then use a separate button to actually set it out of service? In that order? Just clarifying. Thanks,

Will do. Its at a remote site and Ill have them test it when the calls are slow. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back