Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GET VOICEMAIL REMOTELY IP500 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gusbenz

Technical User
Oct 11, 2015
US
I have an IP500 V2 system setup with a 1616 IP telephone. The voicemail is set up for the user. How do i remotely access the voicemail for the user via telephone.

Incomming call route

Setup an incomming number, destination Voicemail.

depends do you mean from another phone onsite or from the outside of the company?
if onsite create a short code.
telephone number ?
feature voicemail collect
then go to another phone and dial *99 it will ask for the extension number and then the password
from outside create the same short code and point a selector code at it, you can also use secure numbers in the source number field and then have a DID pointed to the voicemail option.
Mike

I have the voicemail feature enabled on one of my lines. I want to be able to call that line and access my voice mail. What do I need to change in the settings to be able to do this? Also what buttons should I enter on the phone when I dial in to access the voicemail(s).

Give your mailbox a passcode, that's it, have you even tried? :)

As Okkie told... Create an ICR and define "Voicemail" as target. The call will be asked to enter mailbox number and password.

I do not have a separate line that I can dedicate to incoming calls for accessing the voicemail. Is there a way to enter a code on the line I want to listen to voicemail on. If so, what code can I enter to listen to the voicemails.

Ring reception and transfer to voicemail collect action.

I'm part of the problem.

Create a Autoattendant, in the menu point the # to voicemail set the timeout to 4 seconds.
Then in ICR set a incomming call route to the AA and the fallback destination to the what the default destionation was setup to.

Then call the ICR DDI/Line number and within 4 seconds press a # to access VM, doing nothing connects to the fallback destination.

Any of the above. Also saying what type of voicemail and mode it is running in would help.

In many case just getting routed to your own extextension helps. When voicemail answer to take a message you can break out to message collection with the right key presses.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I have voicemail set up on a line that is directly routed to a 1616 ip phone. How do I set up a "key press" to breakout to message collection when I get connected to the voicemail.

Have the call route to an AA. Configure an action table, I use *, and set that as normal transfer to *17. You would not need a AA message since you'd be the only one using it. You could also set up vmail to email.

I have voicemail set up on a line that is directly routed to a 1616 ip phone."

We already know that. The question was "What type of voicemail?" and "running in what mode?". If you can't answer those you make it much harder to give answers that are valid for your system.

In the Avaya IP Office Manager i have the "Voicemail On" button checked under "User" - "Voicemail".

And on the System | Voicemail tab what does it say for Voicemail Type and Voicemail Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back