Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Get error: No response from Time Server. Last polled address: 0.0.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

da.nik

Technical User
Jun 19, 2018
MK
I keep getting the following error:

No response from Time Server. Last polled address: 0.0.0.0

How do I fix this? Because I'm getting like a million emails daily.

This means that the DNS is not available to convert the set timeserver to an IP address.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

tlpeter said:
This means that the DNS is not available to convert the set timeserver to an IP address.

Just tried the IP's directly for ntp-b.nist.gov and time-c-wwv.nist.gov. And it is still giving me the same error!

How do I make the DNS available? Don't see any option in the IPO Manager.

What release are you on? There's a DNS tab in the System category. Do you have a default route so you can get to the Internet. Can you ping from SSA

TouchToneTommy said:
What release are you on? There's a DNS tab in the System category. Do you have a default route so you can get to the Internet. Can you ping from SSA

Version: 9.0.7.0
In the DNS I have 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1.

Take a look at the attachment for the route...

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1f21542c-9de3-4dd2-9368-b85ff36f0458&file=route.PNG
configure the time server address & ip routing correctly

Perhaps if you gave a more detailed question we could provide a more detailed answer

I see you have now provided more info whilst I was typing.

Where did you get those DNS server addresses from , Are they valid ?
try 8.8.8.8 (google) or 208.67.222.222 (Open DNS)

do you have a valid ip route programmed to act as a default gateway?

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

IP route is usually programmed as 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 10.0.0.1 / LAN-1
It could be your mask that is preventing it from working?

Code:
Where did you get those DNS server addresses from , Are they valid ?

Yes they are valid. It's the new anonymous DNS by CloudFlare. Its faster than Google's 8.8.8.8 too.

Code:
do you have a valid ip route programmed to act as a default gateway?

Please take a look at the image I've attached of my settings.

Code:
It could be your mask that is preventing it from working?

I tried like you suggest 0.0.0.0 / 0.0.0.0 / 10.0.0.1 / LAN-1. Getting the same email...no change whatsoever.

What else could be causing this?

I know the route works, because I have 3rd Party Clients connecting from outside through LAN1.

Go into SSA>IP Networking>Ping Type the IP address of the NTP server you are using on the correct interface. I usually use us.ntp.pool.org or ntp.pool.org. I attached an image of the IP addresses to try. Just so you know cloudfares DNS service was rerouted a while back. It might be causing you issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back