Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

general delivery mailbox message retrieval 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpa1

Technical User
May 19, 2010
US
we have a norstar T7208 phone system. when a caller pushes zero, they are prompted that the operator is busy & to leave a message after the beep. our problem is we can't find the message or mailbox where it was delivered. we have a 2 digit system & have tried 100000, 110000, 120000 with no luck. we are getting the message the password is invalid. any suggestions?

The log is 120000 by default

if it was changed you need to set it back to default.

It's done via F915/9 then enter password, press YES, press OK.

Passwords not allowed on this forum
Google : Nortar Setup and Operation Guide.
Then search for resetting the system admin password.

Once you do get in to F983 then press 9 and post your verion #.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I tried F915 and immediately got "inactive feature

OK here is what I did:
enter:F985
display:VM24 OK
enter:9
display:pswd:
RETRY OK
enter:73738767793 and press OK softkey
display: reset pswd?
YES NO
Press:yes softkey

hang up

enter:F983
display: Log:
QUIT RETRY OK
enter:9
display:invalid password

I think this reset the system administrator password back to the default 0000, but I also think this is the mailbox 12 and don't I need mailbox 10 to retrieve messages?

OK I tried this:

enter:F981
display:pswd:
Other Retry OK
pressed: other softkey
display: Log:
QUIT RETRY OK
enter: 12 XXXX # (where xxxx is the new password set up after originally changed back to default pswd)
display: "System Manager" flashes for a second
display: 0 new 0 saved
Play Record Admin

This seems to get me to mailbox 12 which is empty. However,if a caller calls our office, skips our greeting & enters "0", they get a recording that says "the operator is not available, this is the general delivery mailbox, after the tone please leave a message". The recording is not one that our company set up but rather the standard female voice phone system recording. If we leave a "test" message, we can't find it in anyone's mailbox or mailbox 12.
If I go through the above F981 & enter mailbox 10 xxxx #, it says password invalid.

When you did F985 and reset the password, that allows you to access the System Administration. You should now be able to F983 and Log:120000 to access the system.

Now you will want to reset the password to mailbox 10.\

After doing this you can:
F981
Log:100000

You should be in the GD mailbox.

Quote:
enter:F983display: Log: QUIT RETRY OKenter:9 display:invalid password

You dont enter 9, you enter 120000, the default.

You may need to reset it again if you tried 9 too many times.

I mentioned 9 but that is to check your verion once your logged in, so concentrate on logging in first.

FYI
Mailbox 12 password is part of the login for F983
So to log into F983 you use 12 as the System manager Mailbox and XXXX as the password for mailbox 12
i.e F983/12XXXX

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!!! We have finally gotten into our GD mailbox with 123 messages dating back to who knows when. Thanks to everyone for your help!

WOW! what a tough read

You guys are Angels for rising above this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back