Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

General Delivery Mailbox Answers Instead Of Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missy8s

Vendor
Apr 19, 2011
US
Good Morning All,

My client has a recorded greeting that should answer with "thank you for calling __________, if you know your party's extension.....", instead we're getting "you have reached the general delivery mailbox".

There is one primary attendant and three backups (this is at a college), typically, if the primary is on break she can call forward to one of the alternates.

Incoming lines appear at the other sets but they do not ring.

We are using DRT to prime during regular hours 6 rings before going to Auto Attendant (VM DN 2181)

We are using Ringing Group 003 during non business hours, only the VM DN (2181) is a member of this group...

I have been down this road before but I keep forgetting the darned trick...

Any suggestions?

Thank you in advance,

Melissa

Is is going to GD right away every time or after so many rings?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hi Curly, thanks for the response...

During normal hours, it should overflow to the AA after six rings.

In night mode, it should go straight to AA (instant answer).

What's happening is the GD is answering instead of the AA in normal or night mode.

I know this is an easy fix, heading for the site now, should arrive within 30 minutes...

But you didn't answer the question....is it going to the mailbox right away or after a set amount of rings?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Soon as you login to 983 press 4 to see if Voice maail is ON
Make sure Forward Busy is off
Check 982 and make sure biz is open.
Make sure AA lines ring count is less than the CFNA on the ringing sets

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for responding Curly,

VM is on.

Business is open.

CFNA is off on all backup stations.

Weird huh?

Goes to GD after 6 rings as per DRT timer...

Interesting development,

Under AA-->Lines, changed line 257 to answer after 4 rings and now it answers with the correct greeting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back