Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GATM4 in the expansion of BCM50e can't be enabled it is in always saying "enabling.." 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

alawll

Technical User
Jul 7, 2012
SA
Hello to everyone this is my first post on this forum can you please help me for setting up GATM4 from my BCM50e as a expansion.. they said there is only a trick on the DIP switches but i tried and none of them is working for me, i tried the default one which is all DIPswitch is on, all is off, i put to also 011111(off, on, on, on, on, on) but still desame i tried to reboot the main unit and the expansion unit many time, itrid also to put it on expansion #2 but still no luck! i checked from the BCM manager in Resources-Telephony Resources expansion #1, BUS #5 it was still in enabling mode. i am sure i have a keycode for 1 expansion.. before it is working fine with my DSM16+ but now the customer want to change it from DSM16 to GATM4 but icant make it to work can anyone will help me please.. thank's in advanced..

There is no "trick" for the switch setting. In the BCM50 all modules get set the same. All switches are in the ON position (that's all switches UP), If the module has 2 switch banks, the second one are all in the OFF (down) position. Power the system off, plug in the module, connect the supplied ethernet cable to the Exp1 connector on the main unit (3rd one from the left), connect the other end to the BOTTOM connector on the expansion cabinet, power up both units and wait for it to come online. When it's fully up, you should see in the alarm section that a module download has started (automatically downloads the latest firmware).

You might have to go into Configuration>Resources>Telephony Resources>Expansion1 and set the Configured Device to CTM4/GATM4 MBM first and enable it. If you have already done all that, try diabling and enabling the module.

That's about it. If it doesn't show enabled, try another module. The only time you should show enabling is when you first install a DSM module with no sets connected yet.

This assumes that you do have an expansion license.

The other thing to watch for is the system attempting to tune the lines. This occure automatically on startup. If you listen closely, you should hear some "clicks" as it tries to connect to the trunks to set them up. Try waiting about 10 minutes, them check the status again.

It will say enabling UNTILL you connect a POTS line.
Then when you refresh with an ACTUAL LINE conected it will say ENABLED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back