Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G700

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind8ball

Technical User
Jul 15, 2010
US
We have a bad G700 at one of our sites with a few users, I have a used G700 in its place and its saying that its registered, but I'm seeing a license error. I assume a new license has to be installed, but why would that have to happen..?

Behind8ball,
you have to change the serial number in the cm that this g700 registers to. the license will become normal when the serial number of the replacement G700 is updated.

If there is an 8300 the license is tied to the serial number of the gateway- g700.

I assume it is registered because you went inot the main and changed the serial number for that media gateway.

Doing a list survivable will tell the tale

The gateway is registered to the 8300, the serial number was changed in the gateway configuration, but do we need a new license installed with the new serial number of the new G700..?

yes, you need a new license file. the license file from Avaya or your Authorized Business Partner has the G700 serial number in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back