Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

G450 time sync best practices

Status
Not open for further replies.

fdilalla

Technical User
Oct 12, 2009
IT
Hi,
what is the best practices when I have an ACM 5.2.1 and only G450/G430 for the time sync ?
I configured usually the time sync directly on G450 but if I have more than one G450 and only one DS1 in one G450 , can I have fax issue on the G450 without DS1?
Thanks
Franco

I don't think there is any way to sync gateways other thatn from a DS1 in the same chasis or vis internal clock which will slip over time. It's best to have your fax and modem lines in the same G450 with your DS1 is possible.

Thanks, in my case I have 3 Mg450, two connectect with DS1 to a PSTN and in sync with it, one connected to a Faxserver with DS1 trunk (Qsig) and in sync with it.
So when I send a fax from Faxserver to a Fax machine connected where there is this DS1 in Qsig, the fax doesn't works. Tipical sync error.
The call flow is this
1) The Fax goes out to PSTN and comes in PSTN:
FaxServer -> DS1 MG3 -> DS1 MG1 -> PSTN -> DS1 MG1 or MG2 -> Fax Machine connected to MG3
2) The Fax goes directly to FaxMachine on MG3:
FaxServer -> DS1 MG3 -> Fax Machine connected to MG3
Any idea ?
Thanks
Franco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back