Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FusionPBX/FreePBX as replacement for IPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

finest

MIS
May 11, 2011
US
Has anyone analyzed utilizing one of the open source platforms as a replacement for IP office? I’ve been checking out fusion PBX, which rides on top of freeswitch. It has a great UI, and tons of features. I have not figured out if he can handle multiple call appearances, bridge call appearances , and per button ringing control in the same way that IPO can. Also, it seems like you have to configure the phones separately from the PBX. It would be great if someone could figure out how to replace IP office with one of these open source solutions so we could continue our businesses selling and maintaining phone systems for all of our customers and not follow the avaya path of giving it all the way to RingCentral.

Thoughts? Has anyone compared or try to do this?

My thoughts with any company having Free in the name is that you get what you pay for...

You won't get Avaya features on any of these SIP based systems, the actual features are very basic on them all.

Are you looking for cloud or just an IP Office on prem replacement?

Calum M
ACSS

We offer 2 other brands besides the Avaya IPO and both are Asterisk based systems.

Both do lack in some of the good features that Avaya offers and the voicemails are the same.

Here some of the things that you will lose

Voicemail:
- outcalling
- group message lights for multiple users
- IVR call trees that are more than basic
- start points for users and groups

System:
- troubleshooting tools like Monitor, you will learn to do Wireshark traces but why go nuclear
- menu trees that actually make sense
- familiarity with checkmarks where they belong, yes they might be there but not always or seldom in the place that is intuitively looked at

I still have yet to find a system like the IPO that has a nice programming interface that will not make we want to beat the GUI developers.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you give more information you will get better answers. If you only give bits and pieces then you will get the same back and maybe not fitting your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back