Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FPD on XP : CapsLock not on every key

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterasf

Technical User
Jul 1, 2002
BE
We recently transferred an old FPD program to run on a new XP machine. Normally all data is entered with the CapsLock function engaged. Apparently only the letter and number keys are 'capitalised' but not the other keys, such as +=$*<\>?,,°-_[&. Who has a clue to resolve this problem? We use an 'AZERTY' keyboard for Belgium.
Thanks,
Peter

Peter,
This sounds more like a question to ask on the XP forum (forum779), since FPD knows nothing about Windows or XP, there really isn't much you can do programmatically.

Rick

Thanks Rick, I'll give it a try.

The problem is only experienced in FPD and not in any other (windows) application nor in the XP dos 'shell'. Unfortunately I have no other DOS software to test.

I checked on another XP machine running FPD and it has exactly the same problem. This excludes a BIOS problem as the two machines are totally different. I assume the problem might be in the XP keyboard driver 'Belgium FRENCH'.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back