Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FoxPro 9.0 - splitting the data into a new page for printing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajklPan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2023
CZ
Hi,

I need help with this programming language.

I need advice if anyone knows how I should implement with the incoming data (which is in the file "zdvih.txt") so that the program splits the file names on a new page. E.g. how in the file "zdvih.txt" is the name "Nedakonice-1k-smer-MoravskyPisek-StareMestouUhHrad" so that this data is on one page and as soon as there is a new section "Nedakonice-StareMestouUhHrad-1k" so that the data is already on the next page.
I am attaching the project below.
Unfortunately, I am not familiar with these databases at all, but I believe that it will not be difficult to quickly solve this problem with some command. Unfortunately, I really have no idea how, there is also a pdf file in the attachment and they are color coded. It should already be marked yellow on the next page with the required section and so on.
Note: the "zdvih.txt" file must be in the users/Reports file

I tried commands like NEWPAGE or SectionName.NewPage = .T. , but without result.
I hope I explained it clearly.

Thank you for your help and answer

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=f87f96d1-7ea8-4891-82c6-9d486525ebfe&file=Zdvih.zip
You're twice right - that's why I deleted my answer

That's fine, Mark. Thanks.

Regarding your point about SELECT ... NOWAIT, I didn't know that was possible. When I saw it in MajklPan's code and your reply, my first thought was that it was a recipe for disaster. I assumed it meant that the code following the SELECT would be executed while the SELECT was still running.

But I realise now that the NOWAIT applies, not to the SELECT itself, but to the Browse window that is automatically opened when you do a SELECT without an INTO clause. Personally I would never do that, but I can see the point of it.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

And if I remember it correctly, there is no need to have an index for every order/group in a report

mJinderova:

YES !! This is exactly what I needed, so where did you make the change?
Only in that "Group 1 header: file"? I compare these two documents in vain and find no difference :D
I will also need to make these changes for h_zdvih

Anyway, thank you very much, it will help us a lot in the company and we don't have to do thousands of data individually.

The fastest solution( workable, but not permanent ) goes to mJindrova
And the safer (not integrated) goes to Mark,
The match ended in a draw !! [thumbsup2]

Yes, thank you very much for your time [smile]

I still need to know how mJindrova achieved this, as I need to change it for one more .frx file.[thumbsup2]

EDIT:
I'm sorry, I didn't notice the message, mJindra already wrote it on the mountain and I already solved it [wink]
mJindrova:The problem is in report too.
You create new cursor ZdvihSel for report, but group expression is zdvih.soubor - alias.field.
It's a simple, modify group expression to soubor.

So the problem is solved and thanks to everyone for participating :)

Hello experts, I would like to respond to this topic again.
In the past, I addressed the issue of printing to a new page, and you gave me perfect advice that works. However, there is still a problem: if I change the "Evaluated Value" field (marked in the picture) and print the protocol, it produces some value output after each page with zeros (see picture) that I do not want on that page.

I have been thinking about it for a while, and I cannot figure out where the problem is. It is likely some minor issue with the page settings, but unfortunately, I am not proficient in this area. Would anyone know where to fix this issue?

Thank you for your advice.

TUDU_xdhy95.png
jednicka_bapea9.png

Thanks Mike Lewis:
I have a "Blank if zero" setting here, but I didn't find it here. (So if I'm right where I want to change it)
okok_cdy1dy.png

Oh, I didn't think of that.
So I changed it for each element, but that page is still displayed. (see image)
I also need to have 0 elements displayed in the "zdvih trol.vodice" field

thank you for the advice
ocas_cunjmg.png
0_vytowk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back