Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fox in web

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameedoo3000

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2016
EG
Hi All. Happy New Year
Is there a program for easily deploying Fox applications on the web ?

Hi Ahmed,

Surely, you already know the answer to that question: FoxInCloud. I know from your earlier posts that you are using that product. Also, the person who developed it, Thierry Nivelet, is a regular in this forum, and is always ready to answer questions.

So, are you looking for an alternative product? And, if so, what do you want to achieve that your existing solution doesn't provide?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

He doesn't publish an email address, but if you go to you can fill in his contact form. Of course, he might possibly see this thread and reply direct, but the contact form will probably reach him faster.

If you have a specific question about FoxInCloud, consider posting it here in Tek Tips. That way, other people will benefit from any replies.

Mike

Besides contact also use the social links for facebook group, twitter account or linked in group.

Bye, Olaf.

As Mike has indicated, aren't you already doing this?

In your previous post
foxpro project in web
thread184-1780179​

At the bottom of it there is a reply from the FoxInCloud people.
Did you follow their suggestion to get help?

Good Luck,
JRB-Bldr

With respect to all, this time I ask the question, perhaps there is someone who answers another answer where the response is required, and in any case thank you all ...

Unfortunately, there are no answers to the questions a few days ago by Mr Thierry Nivelet , something frustrating !

Ahmed, when you say you had no reply form Thierry, is the problem that he didn't reply to this thread? Although I mentioned that he is a regular in this forum, I didn't mean that he monitors the forum specifically to support his product. I certainly wouldn't rely on his seeing your post and replying to it. I'd also point out that you didn't actually ask a question in this thread, which is a good reason for not getting a reply.

Or, is the problem that he didn't reply when you used the contact form on his site? If so, that's more serious, especially as you are an existing customer - although it can't have been more than a couple of days since you tried; you might wait another day or two.

By all means try the two sites that Tore suggested. You might well have more luck there.

Mike

Hi Ahmed,

Sorry for not watching this thread recently; however I replied to your post on the west-wind forum. Thanks to those who replied instead.

Having questions spread on several forums is inconvenient; we'll probably set up our own forum later this year.

As Mike pointed out, for free support, if we love to answer specific questions taking into account the applicable material and messages, we usually fail to answer generic 'how do I do' or 'it does not work' questions.

@Rod and maybe others: FoxInCloud has an adaptation process, not conversion; it makes essential differences:
[ul]
[li]you deploy and update your desktop app exactly the same as today[/li]
[li]you maintain a single code base[/li]
[li]you can test new features on the desktop before moving to the web[/li]
[li]you can deploy your web application progressively, eg. by sets of forms and/or functional blocks[/li]
[/ul]

To see live applications and codes, you can check out the FoxInCloud Live Tutorial, and|or d/l and install FoxInCloud Application Server; with the latter installed, you can run 3 demo applications in your browser (full source code), with 2 renderings: 'classic' (fixed layout like in VFP, with form.resize() support) or 'responsive' (fluid layout that adapts to the available surface).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back