Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fowarding calls via phantom extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha500

Vendor
Aug 10, 2015
US
I have an IP office 500 that i set up a phantom extension on and it is set to unconditionally foward a call to a advertising agency then they return the call back to IPO. This works fine when i dial the phantom extension internally but when an external call comes in and hit incoming call route destination phantom ext it rings busy. My telco service is windstream SIP. Calls through windstrean network works but i call in from my cell phone i get a fast busy. My thought is windstream is blocking outbound because of the number of ditits (10) it is recieving then blocking. Any ideas?

Have you added the SIP info in the USER tab? It's one of the last tabs. A DID is not enough if you are using system data for the user information. You will need to add the DID number and user name under user/sip as well.

Create a shortcode like SC=*99/TN=the external number as you would dial it on your extension/Action=dial/lineID=the outgoing lineID as setup in the SIP line URI
Set the shortcode as the destination in ICR

Create a shortcode like SC=*99/TN=the external number as you would dial it on your extension/Action=dial/lineID=the outgoing lineID as setup in the SIP line URI
Set the shortcode as the destination in ICR
or simply set the external number as the destination in ICR & let the system take it form their (don't forget any line access prefixes though) using the system short codes already in place.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I have tried just inserting the external number in ICR it still rings busy. I will try short code. It seems when the incoming call is being re routed through the system windstreams router does not like the digits ots seeing and rejecting. Also i didnt see a trunk to trunk transfer in SIP line im not in system i could have missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back