Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FOWARD TO CELL, BOUNCES BACK NO VM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pir8Radio

Technical User
Jul 31, 2004
US
Our switch did not use to do this.. Now if my desk is forwarded to my cell (or call pilot operator number set to my cell) If i dont answer the call does not go to my cell voice mail any more. It gets a switch error, CALL CAN NOT BE COMPLETED AT THIS TIME. what changed, and how do i fix it?

Sounds like the cellphone carriers redirect is incorrect.
Do the all the different cellphone carriers act the same way from the PBX ?

TGD

i dont know about ALL but i tried 3, Verizon, cingular, cell one. I hope i dont have to send the CLID info down the line with the cell phone's number....

i forgot to mention if i answer my cell the transfer works.. just wont go into the cell's VM.

Hi Pir8Radio,

I will have to defer to the experts however it still sounds like the cellphone carrier or the carrier providing the interface between your PBX trunks and the cellphone network. Hopefully I am not misleading you.
Had a similar issue up here in the great white north and after all the finger pointing it ended up being the cellphone carrier configuration. Another thought might be to turn your messaging on and trace your setup and tear down messaging to try and see what is occuring on the PBX side. Also if the call is direct dialled from an extension to the cellphone does the cellphones redirect work correctly ? (dont use forwarding or the mail agents)

Just a thought.....

TGD

I've had the same issue, and solved it by creating an ACD DN NFCW'd to my cell phone, then set my phone to CFW to that ACD DN. For some reason, that buried the problem.

It is a really odd problem...but like I say, I've been hit by it before. If you are on copper trunks, you won't have the problem...it has to do with PRI to PRI networks and your calling and called ID being carried all the way...which is why it is a new problem for you...somewhere along the line, one of the paths between you and the cell carrier converted something.

GHTROUT.com | FAQs | Recent Replies

Have you tried to look at your DCH messages when making the call to see what is coming back from the carrier?

Are you getting any strange bug messages from the switch pointing to your DCH? Nortel doesn't like some DCH message that cell companies are returning when they are looking for the phone and the call is dropped. There is a patch out there that is supposed to fix it.

when you answer on you're cell phone , your providing answer supervision, I've notice this on voicemail before , no answer supervison ,

In case anyone else has this issue, I fixed it on my end bay changing CLS DNDN to NO from YES. I don't actually know WHAT i changed so if someone wants to give me input as well so i understand, what and how that fixed the issue that would be great!

DNDN = Called party’s number and name are not released to the forwarded-to (diverted)party.

DNDY = Called party’s number and name are released to forwarded-to (diverted) party.

Is this a EuroISDN circuit, because that and QSIG is the only time I see those prombts affecting anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back