Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Feature Codes not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToMaC82

Technical User
Jan 23, 2008
US
I have an SX-200 ICP, customer states that the external forwarding feature code is not working (*10). I had her try the DND code to see if any codes were working and it didn't appear to work either (calls still ring the phone). I checked the COS options to make sure forwarding was enabled, they were. She is trying this from an analog phone, not really sure what is going on.

Am I missing something here?

COS Option 123 was disabled, so I enabled and now she says when she dials *10 followed by the internal extension to forward to, it intercoms the operator? No, she is not trying to forward to the operator.

Anyone?

Most likely the code is not being used properly

The FAC's that you mentioned require optional codes to be entered in addition to the FAC.

Another possibility is that the COS of the set does not allow the feature.

Another possibility (With fwd'ing) is that the destination is invalid. (Cannot forward to ARS digits for e.g.)

If you give us the EXACT string of digits begining to end we can better determine the cause.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

For you second post, the option 123 (Call fwd Setup and Cancel) is not used for desktop phones but is designed for the console.

The options you want to look at are:
206-209

Also please tell us the ENTIRE DIGIT STRING please.

Reading your original post again I note you say you are dialing the "External Forwarding Feature Code".

Be advised, there is no such thing as an External Forwarding Feature Code on the SX-200.

Forwarding externally is complicated on the SX-200 and requires the use of speed calls. I suggest you look up the instructions in the user guide.

Very interesting about the forwarding external. By "external forwarding feature code" I meant the "Call Forwarding - All Calls". I'm used to the Nortel method of forwarding which is very cut and dry. I have the Technicians Handbook ver 4.0. Can't find anything about programming personal speed dials on an analog phone though.

COS 206-209 are enabled. Before I venture into the forwarding external, I need to at least get it working internally.
From what the customer states, she enters in "*033108" on an analog set. "*03" being the Forward All FAC, and 3108 being a valid internal extension. She is saying that once she starts to put in the extension, the system returns a fast busy. In my mind, what she's trying should work fine. Is this user error or do I need to check on something else in the switch?

She is gone for the day, so I'll have to wait until Monday to get in contact with her about trying new things.

Thanks for the reply kwbMitel, much appreciated.

Forwarding requires the use of the FAC + Option then destination

The option bit is:
1 - Always
2 - When Busy
3 - When No Ans
4 - When Busy + No Ans

to forward to ext 3108 on always condition the code would be entered as

To forward externally using the feature code you must use a system speedcall as the destination.

Form 31 contains the bin # from 000-999.
The Bin is programmed with the external number including ARS leading digits.
e.g. Bin 100 = 92127654321
FAC #24 contains the Prefix digit(s) for speedcall
e.g. FAC 24 = 5

The Dialable Speedcall number for the example above is 5100

The forward code would then be *0315100

You can also use a personal speedcall key as the destination of the forward but in this case the superkey must be used to set the forwarding and when the destination is requested the speeddial key is pressed.

Thank you for this information kwbMitel, I find it strange that I couldn't find this information in any of the user guides, or the tech manual.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back