Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forwarding Attendant Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceridiju

Technical User
Feb 5, 2008
US
Our receptionist would like to be able to have the option to press a button, when she steps away from the front desk for a minute to make copies or use the restroom, and have calls route to another extension. I created a VDN (5640) pointing to vector that states that all individuals are busy and to call back or press 0 to leave a voicemail. I tried call-forwarding her console to 5640, but that feature does not work. I have heard about Position Busy, but not sure exactly what that does. I have also read about attendant backup, but I read that if there are 3 calls in queue, the first call will still ring to the attendant, while the most recent 2 will route to the backup. We already have a night-serv feature administered, but would like to keep that separate from the 'break' button. What other options do I have and how do I program it?

Thx -
Julie

Have done something lke this before but it felt like more work than was needed. sent calls to a hunt group wit ATT as a member logged in the console needed multiple forced calls and sent hunt group night service to the fall back extension which was a bridged appearance and assigned a huntgrup NS button.

Which ever way you go make sure you test and retest espically multiple cals in both modes.

good luck

You may wish to rethink the use of an attendant console depending on the size of the office. As a general rule, consoles work best in offices over 100 stations and shouldn't be installed in offices with less than 50. As an alternative, you can set up a regular phone with an expansion module, and assign busy indicator buttons on the set and expansion module. Don't assign bridged appearances.

Setting the attendant up with a regular phone makes it easier to cover the calls to other stations or hunt groups.

We do this with a vector and cover path. A console doesn't have a cover path but the vector handles that. The call queues to the attendant for 45 seconds then is routed to a fake number with coverage. There is no phone at that number but the coverage path has several points and the first one is a cover answer group of admin phones who can process calls. If they dont then (in our case) the next cover point is and overhead ringer, then a general voice mail box. The attendant presses the night button when they leave the console and the 45 second delay is skipped because the queue step fails.

I resisted doing this but it covers us if the attendant is late or if there is a firedrill or other evacuation.

Multimedia? n Attendant Vectoring? y Meet-me Conf? n Lock? y
Basic? y EAS? n G3V4 Enhanced? y ANI/II-Digits? y ASAI Routing? n
Prompting? y LAI? n G3V4 Adv Route? y CINFO? y BSR? n Holidays? y
Variables? n
01 wait-time 2 secs hearing ringback
02 goto vector 10 if time-of-day is all 20:00 to all 07:00
03 goto vector 10 if time-of-day is fri 20:00 to mon 07:00
04 goto vector 10 if holiday in table 1
05 queue-to attd-group
06 goto step 8 if queue-fail
07 wait-time 45 secs hearing ringback
08 route-to number 100003 with cov y if unconditionally