Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward No Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit454

Technical User
Feb 1, 2006
US
I did a search and saw a few ways to do this, but what is the safest as far as hacking goes. I have a user who wants his desk phone to forward to his cell when he is away from his desk or can't get it in time after the 4 rings. He is not worried about internal voicemail. I have been programming FNA to their cell number, I saw from JohnPoole I believe setting up acd and then NCFW to cell, which way is better and is there any big difference in use as far as safety?
Thanks ahead of time.

The dummy ACD with MAXP set to 1 with the cell phone set in the NCFW is the way to go. CFXA will allow that ext. to hard forward to a cell as well. Just not as safe.

Thanks EddieDuece, that is what I was looking for, the CFXA had me worried. Thanks for the help.

The dummy ACD can be used for many other things aside from this as well. Great tool.

As long as you restrict the number of digits on the CFW key for the set, there should be no safety issues for an external hunt/fdn destination.

ACD queues use up system resources, and if you have a bunch of dummy queues in use you can burn through your memory.

I've never had a problem with memory or system resources, or hackers for that matter!

>ld 23
ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 19765366 USED U P: 4908113 319285 TOT: 24992764
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 512 KBYTES
2MB BACKUP DISKETTE(S) NEEDED: 1 (PROJECTED LD43 - BKO)
ACD DNS AVAIL: 23884 USED: 116 TOT: 24000

Looks like I should be alright for a while. Aside from the dummy ACD, my next choice would be a phantom.

Wow, I am a long way from EddieDuece....

MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 49025561 USED U P: 2446146 158369 TOT: 51630076
DISK SPACE NEEDED: 198 KBYTES
ACD DNS AVAIL: 23997 USED: 3 TOT: 24000

ACD000
MEM AVAIL: (U/P): 276759 USED U P: 580111 224473 TOT: 1081343
DISK RECS AVAIL: 512
ACD DNS AVAIL: 287 USED: 13 TOT: 300

It's not a big deal on large switches, but on a maxed out CS1000M (5 Cabinet Option 11), it starts to be an issue.

Use em to your advantage. You can do some pretty cool stuff with them.

If you have space Eddie, list some more things I can do!@!!

allenmac, how do you like the CS1000? I'm going to training next week on it, but a little leary about it as we don't have one yet.

Nortel Meridian Opt 61C CS1000 release 4.5

EddieDuece,

I love the new CS1000e's. I currently have 5 in my network, all on Rls 5.

We are actually replacing our older BCMs with a single cabinet 1000e made up of:

1 MG
1 MGC with 96 port DB (for growth)
1 TMDI
1 CPPM Call Server
1 CPPM Signaling Server
1 HP COTS Signaling server (for LTPS and VTRK redundancy)

Typically we would also install a single Analog line card for fax / modem use, but we are going to drop the line card, and go with Quintum Tenors. Once you figure out the configuration (Thanks again letron!) they are great, and we don't have to buy analog licenses, or a line card.

We have a CallPilot 1005r at our main site, and are using it to host the voice mailboxes for the remote offices.

Cost is in the high $20's to $30's (US thousands) depending on the number of phones we purchase with the system.

Are they pretty similar to the option 11/61/81 as far as programming/administering goes?

The new CS1000e's are very similar to the large PBX's.

If you have never worked on one, there are a few things you will have to get your mind around.

There are no common equipment or network shelves. You really just pull loop numbers out of your... hat for Conf/TDS, and PRI's.

Are you going to Richardson? Do you know who the instructor is yet?

Nope. Going to La Palma, and no instructor listed. I have already taken all the Meridian based courses, so I was hoping this would be a walk in the park if you know what I mean. I'm more of the traditional phone man type rather than the data guy type. So I am a little uneasy about this one. All the other courses were a slam dunk...somewhat natural I guess.

You will be fine. Don't sweat the data stuff. You really just need to know enough to be able to tell the E-LAN from the T-LAN.

I have only had 2 instructors from La Palma, One was Carmello (don't remember last name), and he was great. I don't remember the other guy, but he spent a lot of time talking about the airplane he's building and working for the railroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back