Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forward No Answer quandry 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunovega

IS-IT--Management
Dec 28, 2002
US
Hi all. I need some expert advice please.

We are merging 3 employees into one department. As of now they each have their own extensions, which we want to keep. They should be able to answer each others calls. Short of setting up an ACD Queue, what can I do?

Here is what I'm contemplating, but am having trouble figuring out the Forward no answer scenarios.
As of right now there are 3 phones, 2001, 3001, and 4001. These will be set up on key 0. On key 1 will be MCR 6001, this line will be given out instead of the individual lines, but this whill be a gradual changeover. On each set I would program the forward no answer dn to be 6001, but would also make lhk 1. If the caller hits 6001 and it is busy or no one answers I would like to send the caller to voicemail, 7001. I'd want things to work something like the following scenario.

Caller dials 2001, 2001 doesn't answer or is busy, call goes to 6001 which isn't answered and goes to voicemail. If 6001 is busy the call still needs to hit voicemail, 7001. Should I add another set with key 0 as MCN 6001 for MARP, that way when calls go to 6001 they will follow no answer and hunt programming on the 6001 set?

I've also considered adding a MSB button to the set this way the phone would follow LHK and then go to voicemail without the need of the extra set.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not familiar with that feature. How does it work?

Bruno

LD 11
REQ CHG
TYPE (Type of Telephone)
TN (TN of Set)
ECHG Yes
ITEM CLS PUA (Pick Up Allowed)
ITEM RNPG X
(X = Pick Up Group Number, should you wish to remove a TN from a group enter 0)
on digi sets you need to add a key
item key x RNP

Colin

I completely hosed this whole thing.

I forgot that the people taking the calls were not supposed to know who the caller dialed.

Is there a way to setup the original 3 DNs 2001, 3001, and 4001 to forward to a MCR DN, permanently, without occupying either a physical set or a TN?

Hi, Program 3 DN as SCR ( single call ringing ) to MCR DN or program 3 DN hunt to MCR DN.

masamsi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back