Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form/Subform problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMooreJr

Technical User
Feb 20, 2003
US
Hey all...OK..here goes....

I have a form that simply has the company name and address, and the vendor name and address. The company name and vendor name are combo boxes that pulls the address, phone number, etc from other tables, namely tblCompany, and tblVendor.

Now there is a subform that has the following info:
Model Number, cost, MSRP, etc....

The problem...there can be upwards of 300+ records in the
subform. This data is imported from an excel spreadsheet, however, the spreadsheet doesn't have the company and vendor names. So...it imports the data just great, and I can choose the company and vendor just fine from the form, but it only adds it to the FIRST record of the subform. How can I make it add it to ALL records in the subform?

Thanks for your help!!

Under default view in the form properties, try selecting continuous form, I think this is what you are trying to do.

na....sorry, that didn't work. I cant set the main form to continous since it has a subform, and setting the subform to continous didn't do anything.....

Why not browse a subform's RecordsetClone playing with the .Update and .Edit methods ?

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

BTW, even simplier, something like this:
DoCmd.RunSQL "UPDATE ... SET ..."

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back