Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash Hook using Centrex? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDoz

Vendor
Jul 15, 2005
US
Hello all,
Has any one got this to work with an IP Office 500 using analog lines? Call comes in on line 1 and I want to flash-hook and call another party accross town and hank up, they are talking and line 1 is freed up to receive another call etc.
If you have this working, what proceedure do you take to accomplish this?
IP Office 500 ver. 4.1 (12)
Phones being used are 4424 D+ sets and SLT sets.
I tried using short code: *96 Flashhook
Put it under a button but could not get this to work.
Dial *96
Thanks

"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

I have had success with using a "flashhook" button(not a shortcode but the actual function) programmed on digital phones but never had much luck with the shortcode on analog phones.

How is it supposed to work? Call comes in, answer phone, push programmed hook-switch button, dial number to xfer to, hang-up handset?
I am not on site, so I can not test procedures.
Thanks

Anybody else have any thoghts or experience on this?
Thanks

Does it work like park??

Put call on hold then dial code???

Just guessing!!!!

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I think it does!!

From Manager Help:
The following are the supported controls and usages for Centrex Transfer on IP Office:

· Centrex Transfer Button Operation
The action Flash Hook (Advanced | Miscellaneous | Flash Hook) can be assigned to programmable buttons on DS and IP phones. This button can be configured with or without a telephone number for an automatic or manual transfer respectively.

· Manual Transfer
If the programmable button is setup as a Flash Hook button without a target telephone number, pressing the button returns dial tone to the user. They can then dial the required transfer number and when they hear ringing or an answer, hang up to complete the Centrex Transfer.

· Automatic Transfer
If the programmable button is setup as a Flash Hook button with a target telephone number, pressing the button performs the Centrex Transfer to the numbers as a single action.

· Centrex Transfer Short Code Operation
The short code feature Flash Hook can be used with IP Office short codes. It can be setup with or without a telephone number in the same way as a Flash Hook programmable button detailed above. The line group must be the group of analog lines from the Centrex service line provider.

· Centrex Transfer Operation for Analog Extensions
Most analog phones have a button that performs the action of sending a hook flash signal. The marking of the button will vary and for example may be any of R, H, Recall or Hold. For IP Office analog extensions, pressing this button sends a hook flash to the IP Office to hold any current call and return dial tone.

· To perform a Centrex Transfer, pressing the analog extension's hook flash button should be followed by the dialing of a Flash Hook short code.

· For analog extension users with Call Waiting enabled, pressing the hook flash button during a call will hold the current call and connect any call waiting. Therefore it is recommend that analog extension users wanting to use Centrex Transfer should not also have Call Waiting enabled.

· Transfer from Voicemail/Auto-Attendant
This operation is only supported through Voicemail Pro using an Assisted Transfer action with the destination set to a Flash Hook short code.

Additional Notes

· Addition Prefix Dialing
In some cases the Centrex service provider may require a prefix for the transfer number. If that is the case, that prefix must be inserted in the button programming or the short code used for the Centrex Transfer.

· Phone Manager and SoftConsole
Centrex Transfer is not supported for calls being held and transferred through IP Office applications such as Phone Manager and SoftConsole.

· Conference Calls
Centrex Transfer is not supported with conference calls.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

I have used it. If i remember correctly you need to press the flash hook then call 2nd party and announce call and then i think you may need to flash hook again to complete the transfer.

Kevin Wing
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Kevin has it - FLASH returns dialtone from CO, dial 2nd party and either hang up for unsupervised or wait for answer, announce then hang up for supervised, or wait for answer and FLASH to conference or FLASH twice to abandon transfer attempt and return to original party. This is an everyday feature for us.
Mike

Thanks all for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back