Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash AA answering Trunk that is set to Ans:N

Status
Not open for further replies.

djprice

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
I have an older Modular ICS 4.0 system with FLASH system version 2.0.10.

The problem is that we have added an inbound trunk that is to be answered by a phone and not our Auto Attendant (AA).
I have the Line parameter in the FLASH set to ANS: No while the other lines are set to AA. Yet this new line is still being answered by the AA.

I have checked everything, but cannot explain this activity.

I rebooted the FLASH unit tonight thinking there was some programming problem there, but it did not correct the problem.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

This morning I set all of the lines to ANS: N and the main line stopeed being picked up, BUT the suspect line STILL answered. Maybe I have a defective Flash unit?

To answer Norstarguy, none of the lines have a prime set assigned.

Let's go back to basics. Take line 28 out of hunt group and make it appear and ring on 1 set. If that works, go forward from there.

That really messed things up....

I called the number and it rang the prime line button, not the button it appears on and the phone rang constantly with no pause. The AA still answered the phone.

Have you checked the pin-out on the back of your trunk amphenol? Could be pairs out of order so you think you're using line 028 but it is actually another line?

I'm sure you've checked this, but is your CO set to Private to: f985 dn?

silver987 has a good point. I have seen that before. We had a customer that when you would call you got a greeting. The problem was it wasn't the AA. The phone compay had mistakenly put on VM. It's worth looking at.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

I'm curious to know how when you pulled the line out of the hunt, and set it to appear and ring on a set how it rang on the "prime line" button when you stated just a couple of posts above that none of the lines had a prime set assigned??? And the line rang constantly with "no pause" when you'd stated several posts up it was only a single full ring before the AA answered the call??

Can you post your trunk config?

Brutails mite have it for you, are the crossconnect off a pair.Or is the block punched down with the correct colors in line.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I have checked the wiring and pulled each line off and tested.
As for the phone set (7310) programming:
Button Feature
------ ------------
1 Hunt 1 (707)
2 Speed dial
3 Conf/Trans
4 Pick-up
5 Last No.
6 Call Fwd
7 Outgoing
8 IC (ext 108)
9 IC (ext 108)
10 Handsfree

If I dial 707 from another phone the line rings on button 1 and can be asnswered no problem, or ring through to Voice mail. This proves that the phone setup is correct.
When I power off the Flash unit everything seems to work correctly.

I am almost certain that you have that line assigned to one of the VM DN's. Check all DN's that are going to the FLash, Even the B Channel DN on the same port. I had the exact, I mean exact problem and found that someone had done a copy and it hit the VM DN's.
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back