Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash AA answering Trunk that is set to Ans:N

Status
Not open for further replies.

djprice

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
I have an older Modular ICS 4.0 system with FLASH system version 2.0.10.

The problem is that we have added an inbound trunk that is to be answered by a phone and not our Auto Attendant (AA).
I have the Line parameter in the FLASH set to ANS: No while the other lines are set to AA. Yet this new line is still being answered by the AA.

I have checked everything, but cannot explain this activity.

I rebooted the FLASH unit tonight thinking there was some programming problem there, but it did not correct the problem.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! I had already tried that, but since I had moved the trunk I tried again with the same results. It answers immeidately. I hear one ring, but it may answer in less time.

No resolution to this problem at this time. Any Ideas?

I ran into a similar thing about a year ago. About kicked my rear; did all sorts of testing, reprogramming and re-testing only to find out that the new line the customer had ordered was ordered with "forward on busy/no answer" vm from central office. To top it off, the customer had recorded the exact same message using the exact same voice. It's always nice when they don't tell you everything and you spend your days thinking you are the crazy one.

Have you tested by going thru F982(Operator) and setting Ans Lines to NO then checking to see if line rings to set?

What happens if you tell it not to answer lines at all under F982? If that works then turn it back to Answer and then try to just turn off one of the other lines and see what happens.

I tried both of your suggestions. That did not work either. The set did ring when I turned Ans Lines to N, but when I turned it back on the AA picked up the call. The line was set to Ans N in F983. Thanks for you help. Will try something else. Maybe the trunk itself has forward all calls set to the main number??? I will disconnect the trunk from the incoming port and call it again.

Have you tried removing the line from the hunt group?

No such luck!

This really is beginning to annoy me. All logic seems to be failing here. Need something else that is outrageous!

Hello jaxuser.

If I remove the line from the hunt group, the AA still answers but the set does not get the short ring.

WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU TELL IT NOT TO ANSWER LINE 1? DOES IT DO THE SAME THING AS LINE 26?

The short ring is indicating line redirection. Have you checked for thinkg like answer keys, FNA and fwd busy? I have even had funky things happen because I forgot to skip 2 pair when doing my trunk xconnects.

What happens if you change the Ring Group for the line not the phone? and I meant line 28 not 26 sorry

Hawks, I will have to wait until tomorrow morning to test this. The office is open now and cannot mess with the system while we are open. I will try this in the morning.

jaxuser, the short ring on the set appears to be caused by the AA answering the line. When I call the hunt group numer itself (707) it rings on the set OK and even goes to the correct voice mailbox if I do not answer the set.

Is this just a single line being answered by a single phone? If so, why the hunt group? Have you verified that the new line is not in a hunt from Telco and does not have any features?

Used the hunt group to make it easier to add members to answer the line. The simple help desk setup. When I disconnected the line from the incomming trunks and called it, it did not answer, forward or anything, just ring no answer.

Have you tryed changeing the other lines that get answered by AA to more than 0 rings if they work change the bad line to one of them to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back