Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Flash AA answering Trunk that is set to Ans:N

Status
Not open for further replies.

djprice

Technical User
Mar 28, 2007
US
I have an older Modular ICS 4.0 system with FLASH system version 2.0.10.

The problem is that we have added an inbound trunk that is to be answered by a phone and not our Auto Attendant (AA).
I have the Line parameter in the FLASH set to ANS: No while the other lines are set to AA. Yet this new line is still being answered by the AA.

I have checked everything, but cannot explain this activity.

I rebooted the FLASH unit tonight thinking there was some programming problem there, but it did not correct the problem.

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

My first guess would be ringing service. Is that phone in ring group 1 with vm? Are you using night service?

Hello gforce9,

I checked and the phone was not in any ring group. I moved it to ring group 002 just to test and it still gets picked up. We are not using Night Service, although the key is on the main phone, but does not always get set as we always have the AA picking up the calls.

What line number is it. Remember that line 5-8 are either 25-28 or 31-43.

The line number is in fact 028.
Lines 1-4 and 026 (line 6) are in use currently and are being answered by the AA. i do not want 028 to be answered.
I am realy confused!

I get one ring. It will ring on the set as well, but only one.

If it is a full ring then it's not a service mode,if it's a half ring then it's ringing service.You say lines's 1-6 are in use is 27,try switching to 27.

I checked again and it is a full ring.

Will try line 27 in a while. will let you know.

Just what to make sure you are getting the AA were you can dil extyentions you are not getting a mailbox were you leave a message.

Yes. The AA answers and will allow me to dial extensions. When I dial 707 it goes to the hunt group and rings the desk phone. I can answer the call there or let it go to VM after that and i goes to the correct mail box.

Have you checked the line programing in the hunt group or groups. You can have lines answered by a hunt group.

I have the trunk programed in the hunt group in Line Assignment. Is that the wrong spot for what I am trying to do? I could not find anywhere else to assign the trunk to the hunt group.

FYI. When I was rebooting the Flash box Friday, I tried to call the phone number and it rang to the hunt group with no problem. It is just the AA that is getting in the way.

That is ok I just was thinking that if another hunt group had that line in it with the VM DN asigned to it the AA mite answer.

Check that the DN's for mail don't have lines assigned to them.

The fordt two trunks had apperances on ext 251 (VM). I remoived them, but no change. Something else is involved and I cannot find it.

I really appreaciate your assistance!

Just as a recap. The ICS is runing 4.0 software and the Flash is 2.0.10. Not sure if there were any software bugs back then. The switch is old and we will probably not be upgrading it any time soon.

Yes! I did move to the other line. No change.

This mite be a work around is set the AA to answer that line and put the rings to 12.So it would never get answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back