Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fishpoles 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

maschineMitel

Technical User
Jul 21, 2004
CA
Does anyone have a source for inexpensive "fishpoles....fully exteneded 24 ft. long.......thanks

I use a slingshot for anything over 20 feet

In the future everything will work...

Home Depot is selling Greenlee poles. They have a kit of 3 3feet long poles for $34. If you got 2 you could screw them togethet for 24 feet.

Thanks guys, but am interesteed in the telescoping ones....we used to buy them from a company in vermont int he early 70's and 80's...they went under, taiwan stuff you know...anyhow, fully collapsed the unit is about 5 feet with about 6 sections to the telescope....personally I don't like using screw ons, my crews tend to lose them.

As for slingshots, crossbows blowpipes....believe me i have more then enough to worry about....we did use a ferret once to fish a 4 in dia pipe...was thinking of firing 2 men and hiring the animal.

Oh....checked the links and founds a couple that interested me....thanks...Thread is closed

WalMart, Tent Poles. That is all we get now because they are cheap and the guys keep loosing pieces.

look for collapsible "cane" fishing poles

I had one once that went to 18'and I just bent a hook on the end with 8ga lectric wire

I also carry a couple of golf ball retrivers for short work (grage sale finds a buck or so )

waht I use now is the stick the power companys use to measure the distance off the ground power lines are it extends to 36' (I got it at a flea market for 25.00)
I added the tip from a gopher pole (another 10.00) and I have a great stick

I know this is probably a set up...........but where do you buy chimney cleaning poles at?

Wow--I did not know that--what are Chimney Sweeping poles made of? Are they expensive? Are they sturdy and collapsible?

6$ CAD for Chimney Sweeping poles at Home Depot equivalent in Quebec... I think they are fiberglass (bright yellow)...

Down here they are brown and also fiberglass some places sell 4 footers some sell six footeres. They are about 5.00 each. At that price if you leave a few in the ceiling it is not TOO bad

I Use a 19Ft ,black Widow Crappie pole,Obtainable at Acadamy Sport and Outdoor In our region,I find collapsible poles work better ,because of the close quarters ,close to walls,ducts,etc.Cost about $14.95

If anyone needs a ferret, there is one that lives out in my back yard. The only cost would be therapy for my cat that the ferret almost killed. He hid in the box springs for days. I thing he is a Union ferret though, cuz he sleeps during the day and won't attack my problem squirals cuz he says that that is not in his job description.
I avoid fiberglass poles cuz they sometimes break. Metal tent poles are more expensive, but don't break.

Metal tent poles are more expensive, but don't break.

they conduct electricity and sometimes your shoving them in dark places and you never know when a wire nut has popped off or whatever else your libel to poke into

I'll pay a liitle more for non-conductivtiy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back