Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fire Alarm on BP250 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikou

Programmer
Jun 23, 2010
DZ
Hi guys

I need to connet a BP250 to a fire system.
The customer wants to make all phones ringing (or at least a group of them) when a fire alarm is sent on the fire system relay.
Anybody has an idea to do this? I found on the CPU-D5 two pins for alarm IN but there is no documentation in the help about how to program this.
Thanks inadvance

The alarm IN pins on the CPU board i ment for supervising the battery backup-system. The only indication you will get from this input is a flashing LED on a DTS. BMS help describes this feature.

Perhaps you could put the rely (with a suitable load resistor) across an analogue extension, make a hotline for this extension and call a PBX group.

Thanks a lot for your advice.
I was thinking about a solution like yours but on a analog incoming trunk, don't you think it could be better?

Well, then you have feed the trunk input with an AC signal in order to activate the call. I guess it would be easier with an anlouge extension.
Bear in mind though, as soon somebody answers the call, the ringing will stop on the other extensions in the group, also you will not be able to distinguish between a normal call and an alarm call.

If your system is equiped with an integrated dect system, then you could send the fire alarm signal to the dect phones, by uisng the IMS unit. Then you will get both text messages and a unique tone signals in the handsets.

You're wright It will be easier with an extension, I just need now to find the correct resistor.
I hope it will work!!!
Thanks again man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back