Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Pending Day-End Transaction for Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugotaccpaced

Technical User
Jun 3, 2009
US
I'm trying to delete an item but get the error message:

Incorrect procedure. Day-end processing is pending for the item at location XXXXXX. Record cannot be deleted.

There are no open Sales Orders or Purchase Orders for the item. I also checked Receipts, Shipments, Internal Usage, Adjustments, Transfers and Assemblies. All transactions there have a Record Status of Day End Completed. Where else can I look for this pending transaction?

Yes, I have run I/C Periodic Processing multiple times now on different days but still can't delete the item.

Look in ICILOC. QTYSHNOCST, QTYRENOCST & QTYADNOCST should be zero.

Those 3 fields are all 0. All fields for that item number:

ITEMN: 66812
LOCATI: LANSDA
AUDTDA: 20110114
AUDTTI: 15460595
AUDTUS: xxxxx
AUDTO: xxxxx
PICKINGS:
ACTIV: 0
DATEACT: 0
USE: 1
LASTUS: 20101008
QTYONH: 0
QTYONOR: 0
QTYSALO: 0
QTYOFF: 0
QTYSHNO: 0
QTYRENO: 0
QTYADNO: 0
NUMNO: -1
TOTALCO: 0
COSTOFF: 0
COSTUN: case
COSTCO: 1
STDCO: 0
LASTSTD: 0
_LASTSTD: 0
LASTSHIP: 20101008
DAYSTOS: 36.375
UNITSSH: 108.4705
SHIPMEN: 17
LASTRCP: 20101008
RECENTC: 0
COST: 0
_COST: 0
LASTCO: 0
QTYCOM: 0

Hmmm, I'm only guessing you mean run RVSpy and capture what happens when trying to delete this item? Or do you mean capture what happens during Day-End Processing?

I have the text for when I try to delete the item but there doesn't appear to be any way to get the returned text to an outside file.

Hi ,

As you run day end processing run RVSpy so that you can track the error.The log will show you were the error is. Maybe there is an orphan.

Is there any way to get RVSpy to dump to a text file? I unchecked Options>Output>Window and checked the File box but can't find any log file. The box next to File reads "Not Found!". I changed the text to RVSpy.log but that did not create a file of that name.

I had to resort to using just the window. After limiting the views just to the IC tables RVSpy was only able to capture 2 minutes worth of data even though the Day End Processing took about 12 minutes.

Try C:\RVSpy.log in the File field.
You should be looking at rvspy when you delete an item, not when running day end... that's not going to tell you anything that you need to know.

Below are the errors that get thrown. There are no Kitting records or Vendor Details for this item. There is a Locations Detail record but that cannot be deleted and results in the same message "Day End Processing is pending for the iteam at location".

[135c] IC0355: ICKITD [10:35:10.48].Read(view=0x0697170C)
[135c] 1 <==[10:35:10.48;t=0;ovh=0] {**ERROR**}
[135c] IC0356: ICKITH [10:35:10.54].Fetch(view=0x0698042C)
[135c] 1 <==[10:35:10.56;t=15;ovh=0] {**ERROR**}
[135c] IC0340: ICITMV [10:35:11.04].Fetch(view=0x069D59E4)
[135c] 1 <==[10:35:11.04;t=0;ovh=0] {**ERROR**}
135c] IC0290: ICILOC [10:35:11.07].Delete(view=0x069DB6E4)
[135c] 0 <==10:35:11.12 {version='55A', date='2008-04-02'}
[135c] 9000 <==[10:35:11.13;t=62;ovh=0] {**ERROR**}
[135c] 1 <==[10:35:11.15;t=749;ovh=15] {**ERROR**}

Contact your Accpac business partner and see if they can help you.

Thanks for the help. Contacting our business partner just to delete one item is not worth the price of admission IMO. I'll just chalk it up to we got accpaced and move on.

How do I get at that field to set it? It isn't listed in the Location Details module.

It's in the ICILOC table in the database, you can only edit it by opening the table.

You haven't said what database you're using. Both Pervasive and MSSQL have tools for opening up the database and writing queries. For Pervasive: Start, Run, PCC. For MSSQL locate either the Enterprise Manager or the SQL Management Studio in your list of programs.

Make sure you have a backup of your data - you can mess it up if you don't do the update correctly.

Thanks for the help but I think I will leave it alone for a few reasons.

1) I'm not sure I'm comfortable with editing the data when I'm not sure how it's interconnected. I miss the days of when I built and managed the database. Then I knew what every field did and how it was interconnected.

2) after looking deeper quite a few of our items have a negative value in that field so it doesn't appear to be out of the norm. Unfortunately I don't think I can go back and look at the other 7 items that did succesfully delete to see if they had a negative value in that field.

Run a data integrity check on IC with the fix option checked, that should fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back