Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwbonin

Programmer
May 24, 2006
US
I created two text fields in a replicated table. "CONTACT" and "PHONE". I removed the relation and replication on the table before I added the fields to it and for some reason the "PHONE" field does not show in the table any longer but still recognizes that the field is there. I can't re-add the field because its already defined. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Have you tried to compact and repair the database?

If so, maybe could you just drop and rebuild the table?

< M!ke >

I was able to get it working. Note: I am working in the Design Master. The tables are replicated with a relationship set. I killed the relationship, turned of replication and was able to re-import the table and add the fields I needed without loosing them. I turned replication back on and re-established the relationship and all is well. Looks like something between the replication and the relationship caused me to have problems adding the fields.

Any thoughts?

In a word, "Microsoft."

Seriously, I've seen some pretty off-the-wall stuff happen in Access development with no apparent cause, no documentation, and no re-surfacing of the problem.

As my mentor was so fond of saying, "Forget it and drive on!"

< M!ke >

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back