Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FBPublish and Event ID: 8213 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone1295

IS-IT--Management
Jan 14, 2002
US
I have a fresh install of Exchange 2k that has been service packed on a brand new Win2k Server that has been service packed.

The trouble I'm having is that I constantly and continiously get an FBPublish error.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish
Event Category: General
Event ID: 8213
Description: System Attendant Service failed to create a session for the virtual machine ******.
The error number is 0x80044501.

Ok, I've searched MS and EventID.net and I've tried to use their solution (Q296151), but my problem is that the article tells me to go out to the MSExchangeFBPublish key under Services and then edit a field under my "Server" value. The problem is that I don't have a MSExchangeFBPublish value to edit. Furthermore, while searching the registry for FBPublish, the only hit I get is from ..../services/eventlog/applications.

Does anyone have an idea of what I can do to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!
Mike

The error is gone!

But I still have nothing set for the msExchEncryptedPassword, please advise

msExchEncryptedPassword should be cleared as in instructions above.

So should all of those fields be cleared? Should I have not re-entered information for msExchLegacyAccount and msExchLegacyDomain?

It does not say whether or not information should be re-entered for any of them.

Thanks

If you are in native mode, you should have only cleared them and not re-entered them back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back