Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fax problems after a partial office move to another building

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiangirlie

Technical User
Nov 7, 2004
GB
We have an Option 11 and recently moved part of our office to another site and installed an option 11 mini in the new building talking to each other via ITG cards. Everything seems to be working except the faxes in the new building. They can fax each other internally in the same building sucessfully but if we fax from the old building to the new building then the fax answers for a couple of seconds and then terminates the call and the transmitting site gets a modem failure error message on their fax..(dialling both external and internal)

Please note I can fax from the new building to the old building successfully.

The faxes are set up as type 500 and have CLS UDI and are set up pretty much the same as they were on the old option 11. If I insert an analogue phone I receive the call no problem. So this proves it's not a routing problem.

I realise it must be a system setting on the mini but not sure where to look and I know the faxes work. Any advice would be appreciated.

have you tried faxa in class of the anaolg line?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks have done this but it still doesn't work.
Any more thoughts would be appreciated.

are you using default ring type.. i've seen that cause problems.. and can the new building fax internal to internal. if not your looking for a patch.. otherwise it could be a trunking issue

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Enable T38 Codec for faxing in your ITG cards.

ok thanks for your replies but after further testing now have narrowed the problem down to a particular type of fax. Have other faxes that seem to work fine but a particular make of fax is not working properly over the ITG links only. Have swopped the line of a working fax and it still errors so obviously some type of incompatability on sending faxes only.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back